Nas vs Jesse

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 6, 2005
On Thursday (July 10), the rapper responded to Jackson's videotaped whisper on Fox News, when the reverend said, "See, Barack's been, um, talking down to black people on this faith-based ... I want to cut his n---s off." Nas says the civil-rights leader is finished.

"I think Jesse Jackson, he's the biggest player hater," Nas fumed during a conference call. "His time is up. All you old n---as, time is up. We heard your voice, we saw your marching, we heard your sermons. We don't wanna hear that sh-- no more. It's a new day. It's a new voice. I'm here now. We don't need Jesse; I'm here. I got this. We got Barack, we got David Banners and Young Jeezys. We're the voice now. It's no more Jesse. Sorry. Goodbye. You ain't helping nobody in the 'hood. That's the bottom line. Goodbye, Jesse. Bye!"

Jackson has since publicly apologized for his crass words, and Obama has accepted the apology.

During the call, Nas also revealed he originally was thinking about lashing out at Jackson and others in song on his new, untitled LP.

"It was like, 'How bad should I bash Jesse Jackson?' " he said about some of his initial thoughts when crafting the project. " 'How bad should I go after the corny mutha----as out here? How do I just stay on my game and kinda ignore some of the sh-- and get my opinion off?' It was a lot of ideas of how this could've went — real street, real disrespectful, real vulgar. I just wanted to get my sh-- off."