Name ten Bands / Artists you are listening to right now...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Glassjaw
The Fall of Troy
The Blood Brothers
Circa Survive
Joy Division
Tool
Alice In Chains
Hopesfall
Band of Horses
Echo and the Bunnymen

is what has been in rotation the past 2-3 days.

WHITE DEVIL said:
Sigur Ros
Great band. Did you pick up/download the Sæglópur EP? It has three new songs (Refur,Ó Fridur, Kafari) and the videos for Glósóli, Hoppípolla and Sæglópur. The new songs are really good IMO.

Dec 25, 2003
Nah, I got turned on to about ten songs from my boy.

The MP3s aren't even properly titled, so right now I am listening to "Song 1" through "Song 10". Probably the definition of nonappreciative music leeching, but I lack the energy/time to care.

I just may pick up that EP though. For all I know it could be *all* new songs I haven't heard.

lol

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lol That's cool. Their music is really relaxing and I like listening to it when unwinding. If you decide you want to buy/download one of their albums as a whole start with Ágætis byrjun...that album is so amazing. I really like all their albums personally though. They are the type of band if you like one of their songs you are more than likely going to like all of their songs.

Sigur Rós -Ágætis byrjun

Okay...enough thread jacking back to the topic at hand lol.

May 15, 2002
Agalloch (new album "Ashes Against the Grain" is awesome)
Finntroll
Pink Floyd
Bathory
Draconian
Alice In Chains
Jerry Cantrell solo albums
The Royals
Moonspell
Ensiferum (they grow on me every time i listen to them)

I've been listening to a lot of new types of music lately, especially different kinds of metal...but I still constantly listen to the old favorites, AIC and the Floyd.

It's funny you guys mentioned Sigur Ros. A couple of their albums suddenly showed up on my computer today..i guess someone in my house is a fan. Maybe I'll give them a listen...

Dec 25, 2003
I loved Korn when they first came out in 95.

I don't care who says what about what, their self-titled is a great fucking album, and it fucked up everyones head when it came out. No one knew what the fuck to call it, but everyone was jammin to it. I personally think they and the Deftones are largely responsible for the entire nu metal sound, even if nothing good ever came out of it.

IMO their "Korn" album has not one bad song on it.

After that it was all downhill.

Their music has stayed largely the same, but Jonathon Davis' vocals were slowly becoming lame on the Life is Peachy album, and have just blew bigger and bigger goat dicks since then.

According to him after LIP he discovered how to not blow out his throat and use effects instead of screaming. He should have learned how to use vox instead of turning into some sort of gay reverb / chorus vocalist.

May 16, 2002
the smiths
joy division (just broke down and got heart and soul box)
smashing pumpkins
pennywise
nirvana
story of the year
HIM
nine inch nails
bad religion
no use for a name

May 16, 2002
Nuttkase said:
After I bought the Heart and Soul box set it was damn near about the only thing I listened to for three months.

yeah man, it was totally worth the money. i actually have been wanting it for a while and won it on ebay for about 20 bucks less than i would have anywhere else so i was hella stoked. its been on non-stop rotation in my car.

Apr 14, 2003
Tha Loco
T.I.
S.P.
Lac Of Respect
Certified
Keak Da Sneak
Mac Dre
Mitchy Slick
E-40
annnnddd well I been fiending for "The Plague" but I cant find it....I WOULD be bumpin it though....

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Do you like Glassjaw Smurf? I just picked up Worship and Tribute about a week or two ago and I fucking love that album. I can listen to it all the way through. What do you mean by "...for being really out there in a very contained sense." I don't really get that.

What do you think of Head Automatica?

Apr 14, 2003
Nuttkase said:
^^^ Don't listen to anything besides rap or just really ain't right now? Doesn't really matter just curious.
I listen to rock, just haven't been lately...except at work they play classic rock stations most off the time.