My SYSTEM is comin together...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Cause they do suck...but hey...it's your money.

Everyone has their own taste in what they like...I prefer less boom from my highs...that's what my subs are for.

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
AGENT707 said:
the 6x9's ALSO comes with crossovers(not pictured).

next is the amp....i want like a 85x4 rms.....i gotta "shoparound"

if i go cheap on the amp is that cool?...ive seen sum for like $150....ive gotten verything else HELLA cheap so im kinda tryin to keep it that way with the amp...

(note: already have deck)

Check out Sonic Electronix they usually got some good deals on there. I would've went straight for subs and amp if I was you and got them speakers last....I'd rather be pounding from the get.

I got everything wired in my car, a built-in Monsoon system so all my speakers sound good, Audiobahn Amp (wired around the built-in amp), Interfire pre-amp...all I need is some subs that wont blow when I hook up my Audiobahn to them and let the pavement crack! They got some Audiobahns that I think I might get for pretty cheap, either that or some Solo-Barics.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^audiobahn homie. You should know why...I own em lol. If you dont get audiobahn I would go with JL AUDIO.

I got two of these hooked up at 1OHM and boy they knock. Im in that "thats too much bass" catagory. when peeps get in my car and say, I can take it. Then they get out and say, "thats too much bass why do you need all that" lolol.

specs on these are this

Subwoofer Specifications

Size: 12 inch
Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 0.50 - 1.50 cu.ft.
Rec. Ported Box Dims: 1.30 - 3.70 cu.ft.
Free Air Usage: not recommended
Sensitivity: 92.7 dB
Frequency Response: 20-500 Hz
Recommended RMS Power: 700W

And this is how they are wired. Boy I thought 4ohm stable was knockin then my boy said 4ohm is bitch shit and told me to wire them at a 1ohm mono load which the amp is a D class so it can hang. I did that shit and damn my cap does not even stop the dimming and my dynamat is only stopping 50% of the damn trunk rattle.
Peak Power Handling: 1400W
Impedance: dual 4 ohms subwoofer wiring options

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
^^Are those the AW1200Q's? I was looking at some like that but I think they're 1200N's maybe a different version. It looks like the same specs. as the one's I was looking at. They got em on sale right now.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
Aug 20, 2004
I wouldnt do a system in a car unless i could get top quality shit...but im an audiophile like that...so i see where gimpypimp is comin from..i wouldnt use 6X9's in a car....and yes i would get some really nice mids for all the speakers BESIDES the subs...if you want true sound...thats the best way to go...cut it channels all the bass to the subs...so you get the most output without jeopordizing anything....

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
xraidedloc831 said:
ya those are AW1200Qs, so before you go for the cheepest thing you can afford in the store, consider this,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48613&item=5772452804&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

under 100 bucks plus bout 50 bucks shipping. That is cheap as fuck. If you got the cash for the JL go for it but even on ebay the JL aint much cheaper than the retail price. Im refearing to the W6v2's

I wish I could get those JL's....I'm just looking for something that knockz and isn't gonna burn a hole in my wallet and those Audiobahn's are sounding pretty good right now + I'm not going for no comp. or anything like that. Thanks for the link man!

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^ya I would get em, i went to a shop that wanted 250 a peace for them. I laughed and said i can get em for 50 a peace...dude tried to tell me they were hot and im all no its ebay and he got mad and said ebay is gonna shut down cause its making it hard for busniess to compete....i told him to stop hatin. These subs knock hard if you hook em up right. Mind dont go BOOOOOOOM like most subs, Mine full blast kinda make a similar sound too when someone is rollin there tounge like you would when you pronouce something in spanish with a R in it.

May 2, 2002
xraidedloc831 said:
hey gimpypimp lololol whats up.....if the product has great reviews and it knocks why switch.....plus i cant afford the higher shit which would be JL AUDIO....you got 450 a peace for each sub??
You know me...I just don't like Audiobahn's.

When the sub is cheap cost wise...when they are almost giving them away...there's a reason for it. And I do have $450 for a sub...but I spent $400 on my Eclipse Ti's.....

I went up against a few people with the JL's at some DB drags, and I wasn't impressed with them really. I beat 2 of them and lost to the last one...but that fool had bullet proof glass and shit.

May 2, 2002
Gringo Starr said:
I wouldnt do a system in a car unless i could get top quality shit...but im an audiophile like that...so i see where gimpypimp is comin from..i wouldnt use 6X9's in a car
See...Gringo knows what's up.....

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^anyone else I would be affended but since you been around all these threads like my boy SNEAK and plus i know your right imma shut up lolol. You know though, i dont understand it cause these subs do knock loud i am not over exagerating either.

You hold a good point about the price thing homie but think about this, I would rather spend 150 total for these 2 audiobahns then spend 200 and get some cheap ass rockford fosgate subs with a small ass magnent on em.

May 2, 2002
You know though, i dont understand it cause these subs do knock loud i am not over exagerating either.
Audiobahn's can get loud, but the SQ is left to be desired. The bass just doesn't sound clean to me. After doing this for about 10 years now...SQ is really important to me.

When I first started, I would just throw anything in my car so that it was loud. I didn't really care how it sounded...just as long as I was the loudest guy on the block.

Now I realize there is alot more that goes into a quality system than just some loud speakers. Proper installing, speaker placement and the type of speakers/woofers do make a huge difference in how your system is going to sound.

If you want to just be loud, then yeah...Audiobahn's and the like will do the job. But if you want a quality sounding system...you're gonna have to break bread.

Jan 2, 2003
gimpypimp said:
Audiobahn's can get loud, but the SQ is left to be desired. The bass just doesn't sound clean to me. After doing this for about 10 years now...SQ is really important to me.

my boy has a 15' audiobahn sub and an audiobahn amp...

hes "coo" with his sht....but is not that impressed with audiobahn...he says there stuff is kinda cheap and it caused his alternator whine..

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
gimpypimp said:

When I first started, I would just throw anything in my car so that it was loud. I didn't really care how it sounded...just as long as I was the loudest guy on the block.

Now I realize there is alot more that goes into a quality system than just some loud speakers. Proper installing, speaker placement and the type of speakers/woofers do make a huge difference in how your system is going to sound.

If you want to just be loud, then yeah...Audiobahn's and the like will do the job. But if you want a quality sounding system...you're gonna have to break bread.
I been in car audio for as long as you, since about 95 and this is my 10 year mark. I have to agree with you homie. the SQ is important and audiobahn aint that clean. I am about to redesign my box and custom build one to the specs of the requiremnts it tells me. You got some good points though, when your init for this long you start thinkin about quality over quanity.