MPC/Reason Latency Problem

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
I'm sure everyone knows what I'm using by now through all the post I make about my setup and it's problems, but if not here it is:

MPC2000XL
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
E-MU Xboard25
Reason 4.0
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4

My problem this time is, I'm using my MPC as a sequencer to trigger Reason sounds, but I'm getting a delay; the sounds will play late. I've tried lowering the latency of the Fast Track (originally at 256, lowered it to 128; the lowest), and I'm still getting a delay. Is there any other possible solutions to fixing this?

May 1, 2003
Check that Reason is using the correct driver in the device setup or similar tab. I know it sounds stupid. I had this problem in Cubase once...I don't know how..but it switched from my Delta driver to the Windows one(Multimedia ASIO or something like that) . So even when I made changes in the buffer in the control panel for the Delta 44. I didn't hear them...because I wasn't using the driver to begin with.

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Check that Reason is using the correct driver in the device setup or similar tab. I know it sounds stupid. I had this problem in Cubase once...I don't know how..but it switched from my Delta driver to the Windows one(Multimedia ASIO or something like that) . So even when I made changes in the buffer in the control panel for the Delta 44. I didn't hear them...because I wasn't using the driver to begin with.
That was the problem. I was using DX Fast Track Pro Out 1/2 driver instead of the ASIO M-Audio USB ASIO driver. Appreciate the help.