MOVING ON...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 8, 2004
i'm not bitter, mad, sad, or whatever... just moving on.

there was a time when i really used to LOVE doing what i do, but i guess i'm over it. filming and editing has become a chore, i don't feel inspired anymore, and i've basically accomplished everything that i ever set out to accomplish (except for my goal of fame and fortune). furthermore the dvd magazine market, and the hip hop market in general, is soft and oversaturated.

that's basically it, i have 3-4 BLOCKSTAR projects that will be coming out in the near future but after that I'm done with it.

and no, this does not mean that i'm gonna be posting the rest of that yukmouth interview up on youtube. :cheeky:

Mar 4, 2006
I think if you want to make a career out of hip hop you have to have a genuine love for the art. If you don't have that love for hip hop you'll just end up being another cat that had a tape out 10 years ago that everyone forgot about.

Jun 6, 2006
the hustle continues....strive for what ever you choose to do in the future...thats why i left this music shit (not forever) but i wanna do big budget films and cater to every aspect of the game in the entertainment field..sumthin of a perfectionist iam becoming

Jun 6, 2006
rap is so horrible now adays.everybody wanna push out a new record...no real artist development,big head egos on indie nobodys,shit is just pathetic mayne....i loved your work mayne....

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Ummm. Screw all that. The problem is 'the art HAS BECOME a business'. The same "love" people got for the art can't be transferred to the business side. The origin of "hip-hop" was not to make money. It was to have fun and enjoy what started off as a hobby. Whatever creative endeavor you're in gets stale sooner or later once business gets mixed in.

Van Gogh only sold 1 painting while he was alive. If he was in the business of selling art while he was alive, I believe he wouldn't have come up with his masterpieces that are worth millions if he was thinking about sales, marketing, etc.

Apr 8, 2004
C.M.P CEO said:
the hustle continues....strive for what ever you choose to do in the future...thats why i left this music shit (not forever) but i wanna do big budget films and cater to every aspect of the game in the entertainment field..sumthin of a perfectionist iam becoming
exactly. i think i came to the conclusion that doing what i'm doing now i could never be considered great because there are so many other ppl that do the same thing i do, so it's time to refocus on something bigger

Apr 8, 2004
autistic said:
I think if you want to make a career out of hip hop you have to have a genuine love for the art. If you don't have that love for hip hop you'll just end up being another cat that had a tape out 10 years ago that everyone forgot about.
i still have the love for it, i just don't think that i'm afforded the ability to be as creative or conceptual with it as i want to be... and that really comes with time and ppl believing in you

btw doing the BLOCKSTAR thing was really a wonderful learning experience... i got to talk to a lot of interesting artists and gain knowledge

Apr 8, 2004
J:M said:
Ummm. Screw all that. The problem is 'the art HAS BECOME a business'. The same "love" people got for the art can't be transferred to the business side. The origin of "hip-hop" was not to make money. It was to have fun and enjoy what started off as a hobby. Whatever creative endeavor you're in gets stale sooner or later once business gets mixed in.

Van Gogh only sold 1 painting while he was alive. If he was in the business of selling art while he was alive, I believe he wouldn't have come up with his masterpieces that are worth millions if he was thinking about sales, marketing, etc.
that's real. part of the reason i'm not that interested anymore is i don't like having to do EVERYTHING. promo, marketing, distribution, and art direction on top of filming and editing as well

i'd love to give the shit away for free - but then there would be no way to produce content (ie; buy tapes, gas, toll, etc).