Motif

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 20, 2006
Im about to buy the Motif ES6...And I know Its A Real good Keyboard.But I Want to Know Whats The major advantages It Has For Making Beats and ect...

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Over the Motif classic? Real Time Loop Remix. Play ANYTHING in the motif es and it can be remixed into something totally different by just changing a number. You can play a bassline, change a number and that bassline will play totally different notes. You can then remix the new version as many times as you like and its easy to construct a song with different parts that way, so yes the motif es does offer more beat making/music making functions than the motif classic. As far as compared to other keyboards it has certain features other boards don't and it also lacks certain features (like the keypads on the fantom X), but at the end of the day if you make weak music you simply make weak music.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
LISTEN TO HERESY. I ALSO HAVE A MOTIF ES6. AND EVA SINCE I gOT IT, I SEE THAT BOARD IN ALMOST EVERY LIVE PERFORMANCE, T.V OR OFF. PLUS YOU CAN DO ALL KIND OF SHIT WITH IT. THE REMIXXER IS THE SHIT.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
u gone b satisfied blood... i use my motif in erry arrangement.... the apregio is hella usefull if u know how to program it... the drums are so so... but like erry work station u can tweak it to ur liking...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I like the fantom x better....but i have the motif rack...drums....well thats what my mpc is 4..i like the arpeggiators on the motif....Ill probably get the es rack cause they have a grip more arpeggiators..some better sounds

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DO IT. THEM PADS MAKE IT SEEM KIDDIE LIKE, KIND OF LIKE A HELLIFIED CASIO. THE ARPEgKIATORS ARE TIgHT. YOU CAN MAKE AN ARPEgKIO OUT OF N-E-THANg YOU PLAY.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I have a sp-404 and an sp-202 and the 404 pads are slightly larger than the 202 pads. You'd have to compare them side by side like I did, but I can't tell a difference between the feel of the two pads. From what I can tell the Fantom X and the sp-404 use the same pads, but I have not done a side by side comparison so I can't tell. The fantom is cool, and I've watched people use the pads and make nice music. I'm not a pad person, and part of that could be because I was never an mpc head, but I don't mind using them.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. I gUESS IT'S JUST THAT DRUM MACHINE FEEL THAT I AIN'T TOO FOND OF. BUT THE FANTOM IS TIgHT TOO. JUST A PERSONAL TASTE THAT I CHOSE THE MOTIF OVER IT.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Although i use the pads on my mpc3000,thats not why I like it...i wouldnt even use the fantom pads...Id probably just buy the fantom rack...and as far as drum machine feel..thats all in the drum programmer...the mpc you can make sequences sound like a live drummer...but alot of people forget that a drummer has 2 arms and legs...and they do too much...or not enough variations..or they quantize everything

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^ON THE MOTIF YOU CAN MAKE YOUR DRUM PATTERNS SOUND LIKE IT'S LIVE BEIN' PLAYED. ANOTHA SECRET SOMEBODY TOLD ME THAT MAKES THANgS SOUND LIKE THEY BEIN' PLAYED LIVE IS TO NOT QUANTIZE EVERYTHANg AND TO EDIT YOUR NOTES TO WHERE THEY SLIgHTLY OFF.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
the drums are crisp and clean in erry workstation i touched... thats what i dont like tho.. cause the only thing i like to be crisp and clean is the high hat, SOMETIMES... but it doestn bother me... i just play the drum, record it, spice that hoe up, re sample it and im good to go...

only thing i really dont like is the limited effects compared to the triton/other workstations... but EVERY workstation has its drawbacks...