Montana Hip-hop

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
D

Defiant2Silence

This is how I see it, Montana is not hardcore and shouldnt have gangster rap in the area. Hip-Hop is fine though and would work I mean hey look at Nappy Roots even though they come from a area with more population.

Apr 25, 2002
Defiant2Silence said:
This is how I see it, Montana is not hardcore and shouldnt have gangster rap in the area. Hip-Hop is fine though and would work I mean hey look at Nappy Roots even though they come from a area with more population.
Most of them are from a metro area that's almost the size of Portland OR, over 1 million people in Louisville. They're country image is more smart business than it is reality. They're very very talented though.

And I feel you on the it not making sense for a place that's not hardcore to have gangster rap. The only problem is, NOBODY WILL EVER AGREE on which places are hardcore and which places are not.

@ Trixsta: I love the concept, I am down with the city/state reppin compilations, hell I made one from each state myself awhile back. I went to CD Baby and listened to the snippets, and I just wasn't feeling the music enough to pay the $ for a copy. Here is my Montana compilation, I'm sure you'll recognize some of the names:

D

Defiant2Silence

I know High Poet Society went to school with those kids, i could give a fuck about dane and michael but raph was decent though.

Jul 12, 2002
I've heard the songs from R-Biz and Riddle as well as Filthy & Foul already, but that's just because I've been to shows they have performed at so most people won't have heard them. Who the fuck are the White City Boys? And what makes them think they can use the word "nigga?"

Feb 10, 2006
they're some 3 dudes from Great Falls...2 of them are black and they treat the white guy like a black dude...they actually asked him to use the lines he did to open his verse, i asked them what was the deal on it because i didn't need anybody hunting someone down because of stupid shit

Aug 9, 2005
Montana- Maaaan I was in great falls cuzz my homeboy was messin with this chick (redbone) we go out to some night club im thinkin its gonna be strait white maaaaaaaaan it was like I was at cafe arizona nothin buth brotha's the only white people were working there or a few amongst the crowd. someone told me that is cuz there has been an airforce base close by for a looooooong time so Great falls now has a lil black community thats growing fast!

Nov 29, 2006
Yo Trixsta, I respect what your doing for 406 and Great town, but I think you should quit embarressing my City and State.

Let my label do the work. You make us look real fucin soft with songs like "Corey" and "Farewell"