Moms N Pops stores / independent stores in Bayarea & Sacramento

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
promotionCM said:
eMDE, do you know if they sell lotta hiphop at Caifornia Music company?? i always wondered if stores like amoeba & streetlights are big on Rap music. Cause u kno there wouldnt be no use if they dont sell a lotta rap. Does anybody has any feedback on this? would you recommend puttin stuff in their stores?

The streetlight in cambell has a seperate section for music from the bay. and San Jose for that fact.....:dead:

Mista CaNE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.mistacane.com
From what i've found out in speaking with people at Wherehouse they don't take indy cds without distribution. The lady at there corportate office or whatever referred me to a Wherehouse in L.A. for more info. Anywayz this list helped tremendously all that I had have been mentioned.

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Mista CaNE said:
From what i've found out in speaking with people at Wherehouse they don't take indy cds without distribution. The lady at there corportate office or whatever referred me to a Wherehouse in L.A. for more info. Anywayz this list helped tremendously all that I had have been mentioned.
You would think it wouldnt be so difficult, i mean you can go in there and seel a used cd for 3$.. wonder why it aint the same with a new one for 6-7$?

I think stores are going to start showing more love to local artists as time goes by and the idustry continues to die out.. there gonna have to..

May 5, 2002
Word on the Street is a lil music shop that just opened up on Fruitvale and Bancroft (?) in Oakland the # is 510-535-1930. When I went in they didnt have 2 much of a selection but they had some local & mainstream artist cds and dvds. People should visit them when they can make sure they stay in business.

Apr 25, 2002
j510 said:
Below the Surface
1007 California Dr.
Burlingame, CA 94010
not sure if you would have much luck with them, its alot of underground hip hop shit in there, only bay shit i ever saw there was some equipto stuff

servnu151 said:
CD Warehouse
San Bruno Bayhill Center
851 Cherry St. Suite 17
San Bruno, Ca. 94066
650-871-7100
is this near the big offices? or in the shopping center near longs and all that?