mixtape/shlit tape/16 bars/falling stars/the rap game

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 6, 2002
I been watching and hearing alot about these mixtapes hitting the streets but most of them end up being a bunch of shit.

Yet they are now being sold to make a quick buck, they used to be free. All these artist can be taking the time to work on they're albums and come with something concrete & legit and sell they're album's at the same price as a mixtape. Which would you rather buy?

I understand it's a hustle, but the game is losing it's touch with all these mixtapes

Everybody is out there doing mixtapes the game is flooded with them and in reality nobody really shines since they're are so many rappers doing them.
Okay, the east cost did it and some artist have been discovered by them mixtapes, but that was back in the day: there were not that many rappers in the game.

Too many rappers out there charging outragous prices for 16 bars, shit Tupac was charging for 16 bars back when he did Strickly For My N.I.G.G.A.Z and was on a major label and still consittered underground, most of these rappers today have aboout a 100 mile range of being heard and did a few songs with some rappers that grazed in the game then turn and charge an outragous price for a verse, thinking they are major or about to blow up.
Reality is, we are years behind of what the game was. Everybody heard how rappers from the Bay were getting they're hustle on, but they were only a chosen few and one out of these few shined and stood out, but now: there are too many that most people don't even bother with it.

The rap game is like when master p first came out, he put out quality shit, after that he tried to do too much and began to put out quantity not quality shit.

your opinion?

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
I AgREE. I ALSO BELIEVE THE RADIO JUST PUMPS OUT WHAT'S OUT ON B.E.T OR WHAT NOT. ALSO THAT UNDA-gROUND NIggAS ARE FOLLOWIN' INSTEAD OF LEADIN'.

May 16, 2002
I was never a Master P fan, but I see your point.

Back in the day rap artist made you wait 1-2 years (without even featuring on anybody else's album), before they came out with another album.

LL. Cool J, being one right off the top of my head...LONGEVITY, is what that is.

Too much at once is overkill.

Anisipation is the best kind of advertizement.

juss my 2.

Oct 6, 2002
Thatz some real talk playaz.

I guess I would of got a much bigger response if I would of talked shit, seems that's what most fools on here thrive on.

stay real playaz, stay real.

Feb 8, 2003
The problem with this music shit is. Niggas get jealous hate on other niggas because they from a different coast or if you Mainstream or Underground. The way I look at it is I don't give a fuck if you claiming Pakastan just as long as you make some nice shit. You can be on Sony Music or Average Henry Records.
Another thang is everyone wants to rap look at this site for example more than half on here is promoting something. When I was 14 I had a short run with a major company under a different alias name I was told back then if an artist is 27 or older with no trying to get a major deal they might as well quit while they are ahead because they basically can't do shit for a label.

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
Mixtapes that are done RIGHT are more for the industry heads to show them you can shine/hold your own over production that is mainstream. Basically to show them what you could do if you had that Million Dollar budget. But, you are right...alot of it is shit and not done right period.

But, if they are done right you will notice it has a DJ presenting it or mixing it and the song content is STRONG. Example....DONE DEAL's "ROCK THE PARTY" mixtape...that's one of the OFFICIAL one's that is done like an NYC Mixtape.

My 2Cents.

May 16, 2002
Cesolito #1 said:
The problem with this music shit is. Niggas get jealous hate on other niggas

There are 2 kinds of people in this world, leaders & followers, there is no in-between.

A hater is a 100% follower, due to the fact that a hater just hates because his homies dissagree.

99.9% of haters can't give you a intelligent answer on why they hate a artist/producer etc etc...

A hater's most common words are "He's fake, he sucks." and the infamous "My homie is way tighter blah blah blah blah."

9 times out of 10 a hater ain't doin' shit, but standing next to his homie like a fuckin' cheerleader, or fantasing of what he would do if he had what you had.

A hater never has facts, he just goes by what his homies are sayin'.

A leader will keep an open mind and make his own decisions.

Feb 8, 2003
Gemini said:
There are 2 kinds of people in this world, leaders & followers, there is no in-between.

A hater is a 100% follower, due to the fact that a hater just hates because his homies dissagree.

99.9% of haters can't give you a intelligent answer on why they hate a artist/producer etc etc...

A hater's most common words are "He's fake, he sucks." and the infamous "My homie is way tighter blah blah blah blah."

9 times out of 10 a hater ain't doin' shit, but standing next to his homie like a fuckin' cheerleader, or fantasing of what he would do if he had what you had.

A hater never has facts, he just goes by what his homies are sayin'.

A leader will keep an open mind and make his own decisions.

I agree with you Gemini, There are so many reasons niggas hate on a artist some more are you might look better than them, Got more money, fucking all the ladies they want, Have better sound quality on a track. The sad fact is this hating shit will never stop.
So you just got to seperate the cowards from the real.

Duece Out!