micro korg

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 22, 2004
I had one for a couple years. It's cool for the price, but you'll probably get more bang for your buck if you buy the korg legacy vst's. I ended up selling my micro for 250,

Mar 22, 2004
the micro, just don't have much useable shit to me, unless you do house music or some rave shit. I liked the sub bass that it had and maybe like 3-4 other sounds. It's easy to use tho. I had the ms2000 too, it's damn near the exact same shit, just more tweakble. I'd get something else. Like the moog lil phatty or a nord lead rack, access virus etc.

Apr 26, 2006
The moog lil phatty will actually give you a phatty. haha

I still don't understand the big obsession with hardware synths. You still have to have the skills to play it and program it. Just as if it was a software synth, only thing is there's A LOT of great freeware software synths and commercial synths that are awesome that cost a fraction of the price of a hardware synth. Just check out PolyIblit & Asynth, those are freeware VA synths that are nasty good if your looking for that typical synth bass or lead synth that's great for Rap, especially WestCoast funky ish.

Apr 26, 2006
i like the micron much better than the microkorg. more rap friendly sounds. plus the microkorg has those little baby keys. but it's still a dope board for the money. Don't get the sh-201. it's a waste of time, seriously. for taht price you can do so much better.

@booboo- not to get open up this conversation again, but software synths rarely have any resale value. when you get tired of them, you're out whatever you paid for them. Plus you're bound to your computer. If dude buys a microkorg, he can easily make back half (at least) of what he paid for it. i traded my micron for an Emu xl-7 last year. and ended up selling the xl for $300 and I paid $400 for the micron when it was new. So i made back 3/4 of what i originally paid. software just doesn't offer that kind of freedom.

True software don't have as good a re-sale. But then again, their a lot cheaper for the most part or even free, so your mindset should be more that I'm buying it and that's it, not even thinking about re-selling it. Not to mention, software doesn't really break down. Unless of course your computer breaks down or the software itself becomes corrupted somehow. Then again both are kind of rare because if your computer is decent you should't really have to worry about it fucking up and you can just re-install currupted shit. You should always update your computer every so often anyways to keep up. Not to mention, software usually has updates which add new features & bug fixes for free usually. I guess both have their pros and cons. For me it just seems like hardware is more like a car, eventually it'll break down or just wear down (broken keys, broken knobs/sliders/buttons, fucked up screens, fucked up circuitry,etc...) There's just more phsyical components that are likely to break down after a while. Software itself ain't physical so you don't really have to worry about that. Whatever though, fuck it. haha I personally wouldn't mind a piece of analog hardware in the future just for the fucksake of fiddling with it, something like a minimoog.

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Boo Boo hardware aint like a automobile, I got shit from the 90's that doesn't break down. Maybe some of the newer shit which has hard drives and shit like mpc, but even those once they right, should not be an issue.