MF Doom Listeners: Song Meanings?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 2, 2006
To all MF Doom/Madvillain Listeners:

Can anybody tell me the meaning behind the Madvillainy songs "Curls" and "Great Day"? It's confusing to me, if someone can shed light on that I'd appreciate it.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i agree...not every song has to have a meaning. that is especially true for doom's

can anybody tell me what doom was talking about when he said "googly moogly" ?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
holy shit...people acutally gave an explanation for googly moogly...i was being sarcastic,hhahaha

Mar 2, 2006
B-Buzz said:
95% of his shit is obscure references. I catch about 1 out of every 10. There was a thread on doomsite awhile ago that explained a bunch of shit, was a good read.

won't take no hoes with skinny legs like Joe Tex
http://www.acerecord.co.uk/releases/cdkend114_0.gif
haha
Lol, I know, a lot of his shit is REALLY vague sometimes, often referring to things that people don't know about.

On a side note: Anyone heard "Tick, Tick" from Operation Doomsday? I thought that song was pure genius in terms of lyrics IMO.

Dec 18, 2002
thizzle925 said:
To all MF Doom/Madvillain Listeners:

Can anybody tell me the meaning behind the Madvillainy songs "Curls" and "Great Day"? It's confusing to me, if someone can shed light on that I'd appreciate it.
i think...

Curls is about a pimp who starts rhyming...

and great day...is just that.