McCain picks female running mate

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
Source

US Republican presidential hopeful John McCain has picked Sarah Palin, the female governor of Alaska, as his surprise running mate, US media say.

At 44, she is younger than Barack Obama and is credited with reforms during her first term, but she is relatively unknown in US politics.
Mr McCain is due to present her on stage at a rally in Dayton, Ohio, to celebrate his 72nd birthday.
Analysts say the Republican is keen to wrest back headlines from Mr Obama.
Ms Palin is perhaps the most daring vice-presidential choice for Mr McCain, the BBC's Kim Ghattas reports from Dayton.
The two most likely choices were, until recently, former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney and Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty.
A staunch opponent of abortion, Ms Palin is married with five children.
Analysts say she may have been chosen by the McCain campaign as a tactic to win over Democratic women voters, disappointed by the defeat of Hillary Clinton to Barack Obama.
Her relative youth and reforms as governor may also go some way to match Mr Obama's appeal, and boost Mr McCain's chances.
"She will be his partner in reforming Washington," a senior McCain official told Reuters news agency, speaking on condition of anonymity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck, these Republican Fuckers are Fuckin' Smart. Just makes sense to try to pull in the dumb broads who supported HIllary, but still want a woman in office just because she has a vagina.

Mar 4, 2007
lol.. what are you talking about 2-0-sixx REAL WOMEN KNOW THEY ONLY BELONG IN THE HOUSE, just like all men should watch football and drink beer!!! it is the only civil way of life.

jeeez do i have to teach everything to you..

Apr 25, 2002
Funny they keep mentioning she is apart of Feminists for Life. As if it's some traditional feminist group. It's actually a hardcore Anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, anti-FEMINIST organization! So progressive.

Shit like that I personally feel is the boldest, brightest, smartest political strategy move in recent political history.

No Child Left Behind
Clean Air Act
Feminists for Life

I hate them for it, but it is brilliant at the same time.

Apr 8, 2004
I didn't see this one coming either, I guess it was a "smart" move, or interesting none the less. It seems as though he's trying to win over the disgruntled Hillary Clinton supporters that are women. Some are very upset and vowed they would vote for McCain if Hillary lost the primary.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Funny they keep mentioning she is apart of Feminists for Life. As if it's some traditional feminist group. It's actually a hardcore Anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, anti-FEMINIST organization! So progressive.
Sounds like she doesn't know the meaning of the word "feminist."

Isn't she the same broad that's tryin to fuck with the marijuana laws in Alaska?

Jun 27, 2005
lol I dont know that seems like a desperate move by mccain to me. Its as if he picked her only because she's a woman in hopes that she will draw Clinton's supporters. Who knows, it might work with all these dumb asses running around...

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
wasn't she miss Alaska?

Hilary Clinton supporters are dumb as all fuck if they vote for her just cuss she's a woman - she goes against all the hot button issues feminist fight for.

I can't wait for the Vice Presidential debate!

Nov 2, 2002
Mccain is out of his fucking mind.
After months of saying obama has not enough experience to be president, mccain, a 72 year old, picks a chick that has been the governor of ALASKA for not even 2 years.
Shameless act to try to get Hillary voters..............all obama has to do is get hillary to go out there and attack palin, which will force palin to attack hillary back, and when hillarys backers see palin dissing their candidate, theres no way they would switch over

trust me, this is just going to create a week long buzz, the repubs are going to regret this mark my words

Sep 28, 2002
This is the bitch that is suing to keep polar bears off of the endangered species list so her oil buddies can keep destroying thier habitat. This is some cheesy shit this hoe is evil as fuck and unappolagetic he mindswell have picked that ann coulter skank.