Married...With Children Appreciation Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
this is probably the only sitcom i can think of that was better at the end of it's run than it was in the beginning

"congratulations peg... you just one a trip to disney fist"

::
really? i wouldnt know i stopped watching by then not that i didnt love the show. Everything at some point gets played the fuck out.

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
The first seven years were classic but like "In Living Color", "Martin", and "Roc" Fox the network doesn't respect the foundation, so the original creative team gets replaced with some cornball writing and yet another classic show becomes a parody of itself. Speaking of parodies, what was really a trip is that Ron Leavitt and Michael G. Moye the creators, went to Fox's rivals "The WB" and made fun of their own creation with "Unhappliy Ever After".

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
My idea for a series finale would've been somethin along the lines of "Newhart"'s final episode and "Soap"'s final episode. It'd be somethin like Al's shoe store gets new corporate management and fires him after 30 years of low sales, poor customer service, and foul smelling feet. Al drives home and parks in the garage and imagines what will happen when he goes inside to tell the family.....IF he goes home to tell the family.

Meanwhile inside the house, Peggy wins a "Bon Bon" scratch-off prize worth enough money to purchase a new life and husband. (In contemplating her decision to leave Al and the kids, I would have a montage of Peggy's best one liners to Al and some of her best physical comedy).

Kelly becomes the subject of a psychology experiment on dumb blondes,(Here would be a montage of Kelly's best moments over the years) while Bud graduates college and finally leaves home for good. (Here I would show Bud's best moments and infamous moments)

Steve comes back one more time to reclaim Marcy from Jefferson forcing her to make a choice, but she doesn't know that Jefferson has finally spent all her money and is plotting to leave her and relocate to land he bought with her money somewhere in the south of Mexico. (Here I would show Steve, Marcy, and Jefferson's best stuff).

As Peggy sits alone in her bedroom thinking about killing Al with the smell of his own socks and sending the kids to her mother's, she realizes that no matter who she marries...no matter how much money she's got....she's too old to start over and she loves Al. She really loves Al. Here we would hear Peggy whine one last time.

As this all plays out inside the house, Al is in the garage sitting in the Dodge contemplating leaving by car....or perhaps suicide by way of car and sees the past 11 years flash before his eyes. (There I would have a montage of Al's best one liners and monolouges). As he comes to after passing out from inhaling gas fumes from the car, he realizes that no matter how far he runs...no matter where he goes....even if he buried Peg in the backyard and sent the kids to her mother's....he'll always be "Married....With Children" and he'll never be free. Here we would see All drop his head to the steering wheel and have a last "Oh God No".

So finally Al decides to walk that last mile, gets out of the car and goes into the house and opens the door... and the "fourth wall" would be broken to a standing ovation from the studio audience, cast, and crew.