Lyricists from the Bay & NorCal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 2, 2006
my bad, it's just that people have been posting the same artists. I'm lookin for some tight shit to listen too, but mainly from artists that have that hiero, zion I, murs, or even madvillain/mf doom type sound. So scratch that, they dont' even have to be from the bay.

May 7, 2002
thizzle925 said:
my bad, it's just that people have been posting the same artists. I'm lookin for some tight shit to listen too, but mainly from artists that have that hiero, zion I, murs, or even madvillain/mf doom type sound. So scratch that, they dont' even have to be from the bay.
Ooooh ok. I don't know much about artists like that. I've heard of The Grouch, Zion-I, Sunspot Jones, Eli, Del...but you probably already know all of them.

May 7, 2002
thizzle925 said:
Sunspot jones and Eli are new to me. Thanks man, good lookin out.
I'm not positive, but I think they are in a group called Living Legends. It's a hip-hop group with rappers from all over the country..some of them are from the Bay Area. Check them out. Some of the guys from the group have solo albums out.

Mar 2, 2006
5ive1en said:
I'm not positive, but I think they are in a group called Living Legends. It's a hip-hop group with rappers from all over the country..some of them are from the Bay Area. Check them out. Some of the guys from the group have solo albums out.
Yea i know what you're talking about, Murs is part of living legends. He's an MC from LA. He's dope as hell tho.

Murs & 9th Wonder - 316 The 9th Edition - check out that album if you like living legends artists.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
as you can tell by my avatar living legends is my shit...

eligh
grouch
asop the OL
sunspot jonz
scarub
luckyiam PSC
bicasso
murs
and sometimes arata

on a side note...sunspot jonz SUCKS,the weakest legend by far. need more info on living legends hit me up for album reccomendations or whatever

not trying to toot my own horn but i think most people would agree what i am the resident underground hip-hop guy around these parts.

Feb 15, 2003
Casual, Tajai, Opio, Del, Pep Love, Encore all are down with heiro crew and are hard and got solo albums...........

Grouch, Eligh, Sunspot Jonez, Murs, PSC, Luckyiam are living legends im probably missing a few....

check out the CMA albums with have the grouch, psc, and luckyiam i believe and are dope.........

The Pharcyde

Murs got the new one out murrays revenge its 10 songs but its cool.....

Grouch and Eligh album is off the wall......

as far as others that aint from the bay or cali check out slug and brother ali

Mar 2, 2006
SiccFucc said:

eligh
grouch
asop the OL
sunspot jonz
scarub
luckyiam PSC
bicasso
murs
and sometimes arata

on a side note...sunspot jonz SUCKS,the weakest legend by far. need more info on living legends hit me up for album reccomendations or whatever

not trying to toot my own horn but i think most people would agree what i am the resident underground hip-hop guy around these parts.
coo, i'm down for some recommendations.

May 7, 2002
SiccFucc said:

eligh
grouch
asop the OL
sunspot jonz
scarub
luckyiam PSC
bicasso
murs
and sometimes arata

I'm not an expert on any of these guys, but I thought Sunspot Jones was the weakest out of the group too. There's this one song by Sunspot Jones that I really liked..mostly because of the instrumental, it sampled "Dying In Your Arms". You probably know what I'm reffering to.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
pick up these living legends albums:

living legends-almost famous
living legends-classic
grouch-making perfect sense
grouch-crusader for justice
eligh-poltergeist (one of my fav hip hop album of all time)
aesop the OL-black libra
scarub-heavenbound
scarub-new perspective
murs-3:16 9th edition
murs-the end of the begining
cma(grouch/luckyiamPSC)-all over
3mg(scarub/murs/eligh)-grand caravan to the rim of the world
G&E (grouch and eligh)-no more greener grasses

cant go wrong with any of these,will be a good start and introduction to everybody...would start with anything with eligh and murs. 2 of my favorites

Mar 8, 2006
Ive never even listened to em, but someone told me that People Under the Stairs are pretty legit. Dont blame me if they aren't. And Im not sure if theyre from the Bay, thats just what I heard.