Lunar eclipse tonight at 2-3am

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2003
Moon to put on show starting at 2:52 a.m
The moon's face will be splashed with shades of reds and oranges early Tuesday when a total lunar eclipse takes center stage above Oregon.

For 90 minutes, beginning at 2:52 a.m., the full moon will be immersed in Earth's shadow.

The colorful celestial show will take place in the southwest sky as the Earth casts a shadow into space -- and onto the lunar landscape -- as it lines up exactly between the sun and full moon

Although the Earth will block direct sunlight from reaching the moon, some of the light is scattered through the atmosphere and onto the moon's face, giving it an eerie glow.

The total eclipse ends at 4:22 a.m. Most of the nation will see a portion of the eclipse, but the West Coast will see the event in its entirety. An hour before and an hour after the total eclipse, a partial eclipse also will present a colorful display.

No one knows how bright or what color tonight's moon will be. Lunar eclipses, unlike eye-damaging solar eclipses, are safe to watch. Binoculars and telescopes will enhance the view.

Another total eclipse will be visible from Oregon in February.

-- Richard L. Hill
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/118817973296790.xml&coll=7

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
d'oh, another reason to not go to sleep :ermm:

why couldn't this happen on a night where I don't have my son with me so I can just sit outside and blow blunts trippin on the moon

Aug 8, 2003
hahaha shieet. i been knowin i need to get off this shift but im addicted to the $$$..

i been workin every day with no day off since april..

lol@rosetown: it feels like this year went by hella fast and i swear last week i filled out one of our forms and put 08..