LOL @ all you bay area laker fans..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
I'll just post this again:

I swear some peoples only defense for their team being shitty is telling everyone else they are bandwagon fans. It's especially comical when they're hatin' on someone from CA who is following a team located in CA. Who says you have to follow the team closest to you? When you're a kid you dont make decisions based on what geographical location you "represent". You usually follow whatever teams your family followed and/or whatever teams are being glamorized in the media. And in the 80's (which most of us were brought up in) the Lakers were IT; they had Magic, Kareem, Worthy, etc. So naturally kids had an inclination to like the Lakers over other teams who were terrible. It's the same way with the Chicago Bulls. I know so many Bulls fans, and I know the only reason they like them is because of what happened in the 90's. There is nothing wrong with [first] liking a team when and because they are good, so long as you stick with them when they are bad.

Mar 18, 2003
^^^ They had to jump on the bandwagon at some point.
You're right, they did. I jumped on the wagon in the 80's because like I said, the media was glamorizing players like Magic and Kareem, and as a kid this is really all I saw and I thought it was awesome. Admittedly, their success had much to do with why I started liking/watching them. But what's most important is that I've never switched teams. Like I said, it's not why you start liking a team, it's whether or not you stick with them. That's just my opinion.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
You're right, they did. I jumped on the wagon in the 80's because like I said, the media was glamorizing players like Magic and Kareem, and as a kid this is really all I saw and I thought it was awesome. Admittedly, their success had much to do with why I started liking/watching them. But what's most important is that I've never switched teams. Like I said, it's not why you start liking a team, it's whether or not you stick with them. That's just my opinion.
you typed all that and nobody even gives a fuck. hahahaaaa fuck the lakers.

Mar 18, 2003
you typed all that and nobody even gives a fuck. hahahaaaa fuck the lakers.
Is your mental capacity such that you think what I posted is a great deal of wording? Not only that, but by responding to my post, you completely contradicted the very words you posted. Double fail.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Is your mental capacity such that you think what I posted is a great deal of wording? Not only that, but by responding to my post, you completely contradicted the very words you posted. Double fail.
no, losing the last 2 elimination games by a combined 74 points is a double fail.

Dec 2, 2006
Come back to earth. That hurt alot, keep it real Laker fans. That was one of the biggest meltdowns in proffessional sports history, imo.

Most nor-cal Laker fans are fans because of the team's success in the 80's. No harm no foul but I am regional type of dude.... Raiders, A's, and Warriors. If I was a hockey fan it would be the Sharks.