Little Brother... Will they ever get the respect they deserve?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
I AGREE WITHSOME OF THE THINGS , THAG AND CONSOLITO BEEN SAYIN UP IN HERE.....MINSTREL SHOW COULDVE BEEN A MAJOR SUCCESS IF IT HAD THE RIGHT PROMO AND SINGLES

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I can see them getting some more mainstream appeal if they went with different producers. Apparently Pete Rock and Premier are dropping beats on thier new CD, and 9th Wonder has only 2 tracks so far. Even though Little Brother without 9th doing the beats isnt LB IMO, I stil think its smart for them to broaden thier sound...

Dec 9, 2005
^ Just Blaze and Alchemest also placed tracks on the new LB album...should be dope...

I don't think LB will ever get the respect on the mainstream level, because I don't think they would ever conform to what mainstream rap is for the most part.

Thats fine with me, as long as they keep making good music.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
MOREBASS said:
^ Just Blaze and Alchemest also placed tracks on the new LB album...should be dope...

I don't think LB will ever get the respect on the mainstream level, because I don't think they would ever conform to what mainstream rap is for the most part.

Thats fine with me, as long as they keep making good music.
Exactly...the only thing that concerns me a lil is that LB will break up cause of low sales...then I'd give a shit about their numbers...untill then I'm diggin their music...

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I think they're a great group, but none of their songs are instant classics in my head except for 2 or 3 each album. I think the 9th wonder beats are holding them back a little. I love 9th with Kaze, Buckshot, Skyzoo...but I think if little brother had some bass heavy music that wasnt a jazz loop they could take it to the next level.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Stealth said:
I think they're a great group, but none of their songs are instant classics in my head except for 2 or 3 each album. I think the 9th wonder beats are holding them back a little. I love 9th with Kaze, Buckshot, Skyzoo...but I think if little brother had some bass heavy music that wasnt a jazz loop they could take it to the next level.
exactly what I'm saying

jazz loops are cool but if you want to make it big these days you need some heavy 808s

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I DJ every friday night, and i try to play underground/new/unheard of music. I always try to put on some little brother, but it never sets the mood right.

Dec 9, 2005
^ I think thats why there is a place for every type of hip hop, and the bar/club is not the place for the kind of music LB makes. Thats why I don't bash club music, because I wouldn't want to hear LB in the club/bar either...and at the same time, I don't bump club shit in the car much...

Mar 12, 2006
I don't feel like you can say it's because of the Jazz type of beats that 9th does because Lupe Fiasco came out with Kick Push which samples an old jazz song and that shit blew up...

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Crash '85 said:
I don't feel like you can say it's because of the Jazz type of beats that 9th does because Lupe Fiasco came out with Kick Push which samples an old jazz song and that shit blew up...
do I have to remind you how much he sold

Dec 24, 2005
www.myspace.com
ThaG said:
They are tight but you are not going to make it with conscious lyrics over 9th Wonder beats today and that's entirely their fault - if you from the South and you really want your message to reach the people that need to hear it, deliver it over some hard 808 beats - if you don't, don't cry why you're not getting the anttention you deserve

PE and KRS-One had not only great lyrics but also great production back in the days, that's why they succeeded while other conscious rappers didn't

it's not that hard to understand, if you don't get it, then you're probably not such an inteligent rapper as you claim to be

wow. i honestly think they wouldnt have the "under rated/under appreciated" title if it weren't for 9th. to me, he's the dopest part of the crew.