Kutt Calhoun f/ Kenny Rogers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2004
www.ChanceDizzle.com
My boss listens to country music a lot, so she brought in a Kenny Rogers CD. The second song comes on and it sounds familiar as hell. I was trying to figure out where i heard it before, I knew it had to be a rap song.

Anyway, turns out the song "First Lady" sampled Kenny Rogers chorus and music from "Lady".

I'm sure a lot of people probably knew, but most didn't and I never saw it mentioned here before.

Dec 11, 2005
a lot of rappers will take beats and choruses from old songs or singers nobody has heard of because they know that the majority of people that listen to them have never heard of any of the singers and groups..also the singer has probaly never heard of the rapper that sampled their music either..it would be easy for kutt calhoun to sample something from kenny rodgers because most people that listen to kutt have never heard of KR..the same goes for KR..him and his fans have probably never heard of kutt either...

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
KillaCityMizery said:
a lot of rappers will take beats and choruses from old songs or singers nobody has heard of because they know that the majority of people that listen to them have never heard of any of the singers and groups..also the singer has probaly never heard of the rapper that sampled their music either..it would be easy for kutt calhoun to sample something from kenny rodgers because most people that listen to kutt have never heard of KR..the same goes for KR..him and his fans have probably never heard of kutt either...
Maybe it's not all that elaborate... Kutt could have heard it (or had known of it before) when he did First Lady, and thought the chorus fit perfectly with the direction he wanted it to go.

Jul 7, 2002
Kutt didn't have anything to do with that beat...I felt like sampling some Kenny Rogers, so I did.

Kutt heard it the day after I made it and wrote that on the spot and then we recorded it.

Simple as that.

Sep 26, 2004
www.ChanceDizzle.com
Heat Myser said:
Kutt didn't have anything to do with that beat...I felt like sampling some Kenny Rogers, so I did.

Kutt heard it the day after I made it and wrote that on the spot and then we recorded it.

Simple as that.
So it's not Big Krizz Kaliko re-singing the part, it is the actual Kenny Rogers song, right?

Either way the beat and song is dope.