Komain news... brand new

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Komain

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.angelfire.com
What's up all... I'm still around, just busy as hell.. thought i'd update ya'll on what's goin on in my career...

1st off... The Komain -- Livewire album is still in stores and the feedback has been great... thanx 2 everyone that's copped the album and to everybody that post's on these message boards sayin it's one of the best albums of the year and so on.. i appreciate that shit... it was distributed thru Bayside, now it will be distributed thru HITMAN... rather not speak on that BS....

2nd... I have formed a group with 2 other rediculous flame spitters here in the midwest and we are well into recording... actually almost done.... the group is called THE BLOCK MONSTERS... and the album released will be tentatively titled.... Surrounded By the City... This album is rediculous ya'll... it's got a lot harder sound than the Livewire album and the two other cats (who i can't name because it's on the LOW) really add diversity to the album and are very popular here in Northern Indiana... Expect to see that album Nationwide around JANUARY.... remember BLOCK MONSTERS....

3rd... While i'm talking back and forth with these major labels and what not, i'm about to start work on my new solo project right after the Block Monsters... We're aiming to put the solo album out in the Spring, and like the Block Monsters cd it will have a much harder sound... some underground MOB shit... the solo album is going to be titled... Komain -- THE NATURE OF THE THREAT... look for that in the spring time....

Plus i'm gonna be featured on a lot of cd's, Sean T projects, compilations, etc.... so be on the lookout for that... I'm still cool wit The Legendary Traxter and CWAL, there's just been a lil hiatus for them, business.... So look for many upcoming things with my name on it... and expect tha shit to be bangin every time

RAE... the song is done, i just have to mix it... sorry on the delay... very soon...

Mac.. it's been a minute playboy.. holla at ya folks...

thanx again 4 tha luv ya'll.. and holla at ya boy....

http://www.angelfire.com/mac/komain/

Ko

Komain

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.angelfire.com
Czar...

fa sho folks... try and make it out here sometime tho... and i'll let u know when i'ma slide back that direction... so we can concoct somethin... also let me know when ya album drop so i can have u send me a copy... u got one of mine right??? if not holla....

Ko

Komain

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.angelfire.com
Keith... 4sho homie... i'ma get at u... just been thru some shit
lately.... bank on it

Juan... i'm still here folks... just gettin back to tha grind in the
studio... don't worry i'll always try and keep ya'll updated

Pimp... i appreciate it man.. u've showed luv since day 1...
everything i do is gon have some guarenteed bangers,
u aint even gotta worry...

Schizo... 4sho homie... u want anythang, let me know, i'll see
what i can do... keep spreadin tha word on Komain...

Coupe... mos def mayne... i'ma keep in touch with all ya'll...
thanx 4 tha words of encouragement... we really tryin to
go ahead and take this shit to tha next level....

More news.... I'm featured on Sean T's new album BOSS UP Droppin in November ya'll... from what i've heard of the album.. it's REAL HOT... so show tha big homie some love and scoop that... I'm also gonna be on a few trax on Sean's album after that, untitled, droppin in the spring, and the new MOG album... Check for a brand new Komain solo song on the DUGOUT Hustlin City to City pt. 2 commin out soon... the Song is called WHO IT IS.... and as for the Block Monsters album, production diversity, but definetely trax from Sean T, and 512, some absolute bangers ya'll... i'm excited about this project... anyway, i'll holla... thanx 4 takin tha time and lettin a mufucka know u behind me....

Ko

Komain

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.angelfire.com
Ak... 4sho homie... u know i appreciate that shit commin from u... a consumate professional... but ay... just holla at me when u need me 4 somethin... i'm always here to bust whenever or whateva 4 u or Mac...

Holla

Ko

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
Komain: Speak on the BS, I'd be curious to hear about it from the horses mouth.

Also, isn't HITMAN bistributed by Bayside? So you are still distributed by Bayside right?

Just curious.

Peace.

Komain

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.angelfire.com
B 12...

I hope that aint a sarcastic email folks... i ain't neva said one bad thing to u... u should know if HITMAN is under bayside...

The Bullshit part... muthafuckas over there actin like my product aint' hot... look at the comments everybody on here posts up about the album tho... "one of the best albums of the year", "this new cat is hot, i was very suprised", most ratings gave the album an 8 or 9 outta 10...almost everything is a really positive comment... I get 5-10 emails a week from cats all over the place sayin how much they feel the album, but Bayside says they haven't sold any units??????? ... now the reason i said i can't really speak on the BS, is because most of the shit that i hear about the deal and the numbers, etc... is thru Fitz, and i don't know if everything he say is legit... i've had problems with hi in the past...also I didn't have nothin to do with the deal, so ... I should have been more involved... My stupid ass let someone take control of everything and that's where i fucked up... Fitz had control over everything, i didn't know shit that's goin on... That's why i said i didn't want to speak on the BS... because i don't know the truth about shit... I just know that almost everybody's feelin me, I got a fan base in the Midwest and on the West, but units ain't movin the way they should and i ain't gettin paid... I didn't say that was all Bayside's fault... I guess i was just a little naive gettin into some of this shit and have learned that i need to take better control of my career....

I just know i'm gettin fucked outta money, if somebody tell u that u gon be gettin this, but instead u ain't seen nuthin... that's gonna piss u off... Sean and Celly gave me advice on what to do, where to go and where NOT to go, i didn't take it cuz i wasn't in control of the album and the decisions bein made...

I'm on the outside lookin in... but u live and u learn... Cats sleep or hate now and they gon pay later...

U ain't neva met me, so u don't know that i'ma real personable cat... I really can't the alspeak on u and u really can't speak on me... I just know that i didn't see anythang from Bayside even speakin on the Komain album, nuthin... and it is hotter than most of the product ya'll put out... period... ask the listeners...

But like i said, i wasn't in control of the livewire album, so i can't really speak on much... but i don't forget when people treat a mufucka like he ain't nuthin....

Komain

***BLOCK MONSTERS commin in JANUARY***

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
Man, thats a mouthful Komain. Naw I dont know you and you dont know me, but too often people confuse me with Bayside like I am the whole company. As for you selling units, well, you gotta ship units to sell 'em and you have to create a demand for us to supply one so maybe your label didn't promote you properly. As for you trying to slide Celly's name on your little comment, Ill let him know dog. Trust me, dont get the game fucked up, thats my people and you dont fuck with him like I do.

I never met you, or your label exec. as a matter of fact, you got signed at Bayside cuz Keith from Killa Valley asked it as a favor to him for my partner Rob to sign your label. But dont think your shit don't stink folks because you paid for some features and your homies pump you up.

Riderlife had features too, and we got good feedback too, and I run a distributor and we toured all over the country and we sold less than 4K so you aren't extraordinary in any way. You are in the same boat as everyone else in this business and you aren't going to get special treatment just because you have an album and you think you are the next thing.

You might very well have a tight ass album for all I know but please don't confuse business with talent. They are too different worlds. And please dont end up like so many others where you blame the failure of your album on your distributor because it aint a distributors job to promote you dog.

Either way, naw, it wasnt a sarcastic comment, I just wanted to know what your thoughts were becuase I never hollared at you.

Good luck with your new deal with HITMAN though, and to answer your question, they are not under the urban division at Bayside so thats why I am not sure if they are still distributed here. Try not to burn any bridges you might have to cross back over some day, I know I'll try not to.

Peace.