Just Bougth A Talkbox...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Rocktron Banshee. Any advice and/or tips on using it? Shit is harder than most people think. There's about 3 words that I can pronounce that are understandable. I'm using a softsynth version of the DX100 patch (Hard Brass, FM Pulse, FM Sawtooth). Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
man there's ALOOOOT of information out there....actually search this forum and you'll come up with some shit....I know Mixaken fucks with one...I've used one for years myself. I got rid of the Banshee tho and had Paul Eagle build me a custom one....

Also youtube is a good place to go. U'd be suprised how many cats do it these days

Lemme know if u have any specific questions and I'll try my best to answer

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
and yes, it's by far the hardest instrument I've ever attempted to play. To be good not only do you hafta be decent at playing keyboards but pronunciation is a mufucka lol...

I'm sure this makes u appreciate Roger 500% more now that you've tried it for yerself. And it drives me crazy when morons think that what T-Pain does is the same thing...U can blame Snoop for some of that tho too since he had a talkbox tube in his mouth singin autotune vocals lol

Apr 25, 2002
Practice, practice, practice. Only way you're gonna get good man. You can play with different tube sizes to see what works best for you but smaller tubes won't sound as good. Tube placement is really important too. I agree with Mark, lotta info here and on youtube if you search.

Jan 2, 2003
Dope....What are u running it thru.....?
Can u use the Pitch/Mod. like the DX on ur MIDI keyboard?
I use to roll with the Banshee for while, but now I'm savin up for Paul (Mister Talkbox) custom, like Mark 7....

Some of my favorite talkbox artists...Check out em out for inspiration or even playing along with..
-Fingazz, Dogg Master, Zapp, MC Magic, Insane Mixaken, Bosko, Johnny Deville, and of course the legendary Roger...

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
This guy

He's got a few vids on there worth checkin out.

But I've said it before and will say it again, Paul Eagle is the best in the game imo.....Dude plays with total soul which is the difference between him and some other top dudes like Fingazz and Magic etc

Jan 2, 2003
Damn that dudes insane...
Good lookin out Mark 7...
How's that custom talkbox workin out for ya....?
Did u also get that patch from him or u just or runnin your own...