Is Sac Considered "The Bay"?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2004
?

we all know in sacramento is not in the bay area region. but its pretty damn close. 80 mins from frisco, 60 mins from oakland, and about 40 mins from vallejo. plus, sac does put in alot of work when it comes to northerncalifornia music (luni, bo, lynch, etc.), and they follow the bay area cult/trend. everyone i know from the north bay/eastbay would rather head up to sac than san jo/southbay anyday. i know on a nationwide scale, sacramento would be considered the bay.

Apr 25, 2002
geographicly it aint the bay.the bay "area" consists of cities whos counties actually touch the sf bay..............

now musicly it goes both ways.i been on message boards and chats were foo's consider sac and even stockton being bay...............

Luni Colione is on Beats By The Bay?

Black Rhino on "Bay Area Players"......."up in stockton everybody and they momma tryna flow"............."even no limit got the 411/that the valley aint all gangs and guns"?

Black Rhino on "Golden Bay"........"spinnin cougs til my neck hurts/i was ridin vogues when you was on ya schwinn slangin stockton records"..............."(were you wanna meet/ west lane,morada" (stockton streets)

none of us in the valley consider our shit bay.pretty much we just rep our own citys,but some cats put it in the same catergory.............and that dont hurt nobody,northern cali music dont cover too much territory.........

Jan 19, 2003
^^^ oakland hills are fuckin hella nice. i dunno just somethin about sac... im not hatin just seems like its hella flat, hot as fuck n nothing there.

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
jaytrees said:
sac does put in alot of work when it comes to northerncalifornia music (luni, bo, lynch, etc.), and they follow the bay area cult/trend.
nah i dont think so, because tha trend in music in tha bay and sac is diff, niggas that cum outta sac be on sum hella raw ass gutter shit, now bay area shit... its a lil more playa and coo n shit but majority of sactown shit is ganksta to tha muthafuckin T, but there's other facors and dont get me wrong bay area shit is fuckin raw to but sac shit is jus different.. but they use alotta tha same slang n shit. but i can tell tha diff between bay n sac rap...

Nov 7, 2002
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Filthy_Rich said:
i don't consider it to be Bay. The areas are like cousins. Like LA and SD. KC and St. L. NYC and Jersey, etc. People from Sac will never say they're in the bay area. That is, unless they're like 16, wear stunner glasses, and listen to the federation's "hyphy 916 remix" all day.

But i think the term, "bay area" is used too loosely. I mean, Santa Rosa and Gilroy are like 2 hours apart but they're both considered bay.
COSIGN,....BUT FOR SOME REASON,....WHEN I MET SOME ONE FROM THE BAY OUT HERE,....WE GET ALONG REAL QUICK,...IT'S FUNNY,...REGARDLESS,....HAHAHHAH

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Oh yeah...and to add another post to my count...

I have never, ever, ever in all my years living in Seattle or the surrounding areas heard anyone ever call Seattle "the other bay."

Anyone from Washington ever hear anyone call Seattle "the other bay?" If so correct me if I am wrong.

Nuttkace