Interview with Young Mass in The Hype Magazine/Murder Dog

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 13, 2008
www.youngmass.com
ALL NEW interview with Young Mass in The Hype Magazine by J Bluntz! Peep "Hype News" at: http://thehypemagazine.blogspot.com/2010/04/hype-magazines-interview-with-young.html Mass speaks on Dre, Digital Underground, the industry, important moments, downfalls, etc.

Thay also got Mass' Detox Referance track "Misery" posted in the "Music Lounge" on there home page. http://www.gethypeonline.com/

PS/ Murder Dog Magazine's Black Dog Bone give's San Diego, and Mass a shoutout in this feature story on H-Ryda: http://my.texterity.com/murderdogmagazine/vol17no1/?pg=128&pm=2&u1=friend#pg128

H-Ryda & Mass hooked up on the track Product Of My Envirnment found on "The Best Of Daygo City" album. You can listen to it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id331192641

Mass, H-Ryda, & Q - "Outlaw Order"

Aug 13, 2008
www.youngmass.com
Hype Magazines' Interview with Young Mass
Saturday, April 24, 2010 , by J Bluntz

1. What was your experience like working with Dr. Dre?

It's always going to be a blessing just being in that mans presence. I started off just wanting him to know my name, as corny as that sounds. But allot more came than anticipated.

2. How was your persona “mass” created?

I started my career as 5th Element.. Then it was Young 5th..Then 5th Mass... Finally I settled with Young Mass. The MASSterpiece to mention my alter ego - the producer.

3. Describe your experience being apart of the Digital Underground.

Another hip-hop blessing! These are the guys that found 2Pac, so just to be mentioned in that breath is allot to take in!!

4. How would your describe your overall musical sound?

Futuristic!! I'm trying to bring something old to a new generation in a whole new way. It's very west coast influenced but with a worldwide audience target.

5. What has been the most important moment in your career thus far? And what do you look forward to?

The most important moment in Young Mass's career has to be the moment I made the decision to leave The Underground, Dr. Dre, and all of that behind to take my destiny in my own hands. I look forward to entertaining the fans with great music. The times are rough and we all need something to cling to musically to help us through the storm.

6. Who all have you worked with in the industry thus far?

I have on song on my album that actually talks about that. It's called "Just a lil Nigga". Let's see. Dj. Quick, The Luniz, Kurrupt, Sticky Fingaz, B-Real, Dre, DOC, The Outlawz, Digital... That's actually been in the studio bangin out! There are a gang of others I've been in contact with.

7. How do you intend to change or influence the industry of hip hop music?

Bring true feeling and raw emotion with good beats and a savage delivery. I think that right now everyone is just waiting for someone new to come along and show them what they should be doing, vs doing their own thing.

8. I'm sure some crazy things happen in this industry, what is the craziest thing you've experience thus far?

When I was with Digital, we were doing House of Blues on Sunset in LA and George Clinton surprised us from the back! He came out with his funky violinist Lili Haydn... I was so hype I accidentally knocked it out of her hand. We were both embarrassed big time.

9. What would you say is the biggest downfall of being an artist in 2010? And what would you say is the greatest factor to being an artist in 2010?

The biggest downfall is that people don't respect the hard work that goes into making music. It's cool to be able to download, but if the artist cant pay their bills the next album isn't going to come out, they will be to busy working at your local Wal-Mart. I love the fact that in 2010 there is so many talented people and no new guy has the crown yet. It's a toss up and I think I wanna try it on!

10. What’s Next for you?

My new album "Mass Hysteria" is coming summer 2010! I do production and features on"Lifestyle of a Hustler" by Kayo which drops June 3, 2010! Look for me to tour this summer and the whole nine! If the Doctor needs a lil more help Detoxing, I'm more than game too!!