Inmates denied rights to practice their religion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 9, 2004
I say the murderer should fulfill the sentence for his crime before he should expect any privileges from society. If he wants to practice some obscure religion he can do that on his own time, not on the State's time and dime.

Jul 21, 2004
I don’t know about you, but the majority of inmates in this country were brought up in an environment breeding violence, accepting criminal acts, drugs and alcohol addictions, low education development, and degradation of life----no religion. The majority of individuals strolling through life have been brought up with some strong religious structure and background to be apart of society conscious effort to do “good”.

Eliminating the hopes for religion or a system belief for nonviolence to come into a man mentality is a major set back to improving a “civilized” society.
I so hope that at some point many of the prisons and jail are used to educate and create a better expectation optimism and sheer understanding that there is a better way other then what they were placed with before being incarcerated.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
TOKZTLI,
YOU SOUND LIKE A HARSH REPUBLICAN. JAIL IS WHEN A LOT OPEN THEY EYES OR BECOME SPIRITUAL. CAN'T NO MAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM N-E OTHA MAN. IF THAT'S WHAT'S gONNA HELP A MAN REHABILITATE, WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM?

KREEP,
gOOD READ. I PROBABLY KNEW THE JEWS THEY WAS TALKIN' BOUT. I WAS IN WALSENBURg(HUERFANO COUNTY CORRECTIONAL CENTER) WHEN THEY FIRST BUILT IT AND THAT'S WHERE I SEEN THE FIRST JEW INMATES. I WAS ONE OF THE INMATES THEY BROUgHT BAK FROM TEXAS. BUT YEAH, THEY NEED TO QUIT FUCCIN' WITH THEM NATIVES AND JUST LET THEM DO THEY SWEATLODgE AND PRAY TO THE gRANDFATHER.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^I KNEW SOME SNITCHES DOIN' THAT AND gOT THEY CARD PULLED. BUT SOME FOO'S ARE REAL WITH IT. BUT IT'S ABOUT FOLLOWIN' WHAT'S gODLY OR FOLLOWIN' ANOTHA MAN. IF YOU REAL WITH IT, DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DOWN, AND FLIP YOUR SCRIPT. BUT I CHOSE TO READ THE BIBLE BY MYSELF IN MY CELL AND SOMETIMES I WOULD gO TO BIBLE STUDY TO QUESTION SHIT AND ASK THE PREACHER A gRIP OF QUESTIONS. BUT I gUESS IT'S WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART.

Mar 18, 2003
How many cats start reading the Bible when they're locked up, but aint step foot in a church when they get out? I've never been locked up to any serious degree, but from my observations, it seems as though being locked up is the biggest possible blow to ones own security, thus they tend to reflect upon all that which they took for granted; God, family, some girl that liked you who you treated like shit, etc. This also seems to be the case for bpeople in the military. I don't know which is worse. But when they are released from captivity, they gain much of their security back and their emotions begin supressing, until they are close to how they were before they went into prison. This is in no way a general assumption on my part, rather something I found to be typical amongst those I have made contact with. Almost every single one of them have been back to prison.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL JAIL MADE PREACHERS. I DONE HAD TOO MANY ARgUMENTS WITH BASEHEADS IN JAIL CAUSE THEY WANNA ACT LIKE THEY ALL HOLY IN JAIL, KNOWIN' DAMN WELL WHEN THEY gET OUT THEY gONNA BE PUSHIN' THAT BIBLE FOR SOME CRUMBS.

Jan 2, 2003
SHEA said:
YOU GOTTA FOLLOW YOUR HEART.
STRAIGHT UP-
For REAL

"BUT IT'S ABOUT FOLLOWIN' WHAT'S gODLY OR FOLLOWIN' ANOTHA MAN"

if ur a sheep homeboy...or like others were sayin...when ur feelin alone or scared in prison...

but w/e if that "god lovin" helps them get their head straight a little bit...then its coo...but i feel everybody on that fakin shit

Oct 26, 2004
EDJ said:
^I KNEW SOME SNITCHES DOIN' THAT AND gOT THEY CARD PULLED. BUT SOME FOO'S ARE REAL WITH IT. BUT IT'S ABOUT FOLLOWIN' WHAT'S gODLY OR FOLLOWIN' ANOTHA MAN. IF YOU REAL WITH IT, DON'T ACT LIKE YOU DOWN, AND FLIP YOUR SCRIPT. BUT I CHOSE TO READ THE BIBLE BY MYSELF IN MY CELL AND SOMETIMES I WOULD gO TO BIBLE STUDY TO QUESTION SHIT AND ASK THE PREACHER A gRIP OF QUESTIONS. BUT I gUESS IT'S WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART.

But at the same time who dosen't call on the lord when in distress. Don't be all religious just because your locked down. People to me become religious like a muth** when they get locked, and when they touch down they never see a church or pick up a bible again.

May 18, 2004
EDJ you're from Denver right? What you think of that part in the article where they said that Colorado is the worst state in the country when it comes to religious discrimination against inmates. Do you think that statement is true or no?

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^KIND OF. BUT COLORADO DONE gOT MORE DIVERSE. MUTHA-FUKAS FROM ALL OVER DONE MIgRATED HERE. BUT DENVER IS THE MOST DIVERSE. DON'T BELIEVE ME, gO TO DENVER COUNTY JAIL AND THEN gO TO THE REST OF THEM OTHA COUNTY JAILS AND TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE.

May 18, 2004
So the only diversity in Colorado is in the pen? lol nah I'm just fuckin wit you playa, I see what you're sayin. But I got a homie who lives in Aurora. He says it's pretty coo down there, he invited me to visit him one day too. You got any folks in Aurora? And who's album is that in you're sig?