If you think you've heard it before...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

TM1

Sicc OG
Jun 15, 2006
I didn't even go through the whole video but I already knew most of that. All kanye does is sample other songs, it's not as if it's some big secret these people cracked.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
If you think you've heard it before..it's because you probably have...Suddenly, 808's & Heartbreak doesn't seem that original.
Hmmm.. when did it sound original to begin with???

If you call picking up the most annoying trend in hip-hop ever and taking it to the extreme being original, I can understand it, but I don't think many people who look at it objective would share this view

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

90% of hip hop songs are sampled from somewhere else. What makes Kanye (and all dope producers) great is that he samples different shit that you wouldnt really think to use to make a hip hop song...

Jul 23, 2003
kanye samples? get the fuck outta here! noooooo!!! pfft no shit man. his lyrics ain't sampled so quit it. that was a tight vid. without your hateful thread i wouldn't have seen it. thanks kansas city queen.

Apr 19, 2006
sampling is not wrong, jesus christ were on a rap message board. Whats wrong is Kanye's horrible music and his arrogant personality.

"What makes Kanye (and all dope producers) great is that he samples different shit that you wouldnt really think to use to make a hip hop song... "

Prince isn't "differen't"

differen't shit? none of these choices are unusual and all of them have popular music videos. Most rap producers(def not all) are completely ignorant of picking unusual and underrated samples. They are so scared to touch anything that isn't funk/jazz/r&b, and most of these are relegated to very popular selections. Even within these small parameters, great music has been produced but imo much greater could be had when such stupid rules would finally be broken. Even a real connection to a genre like blues has never been fully explored.

Jan 5, 2007
Hmmm.. when did it sound original to begin with???

If you call picking up the most annoying trend in hip-hop ever and taking it to the extreme being original, I can understand it, but I don't think many people who look at it objective would share this view
not my thoughts just copied what was from the blog

I didn't even go through the whole video but I already knew most of that. All kanye does is sample other songs, it's not as if it's some big secret these people cracked.
again not my thoughts just copied from the blog

kanye samples? get the fuck outta here! noooooo!!! pfft no shit man. his lyrics ain't sampled so quit it. that was a tight vid. without your hateful thread i wouldn't have seen it. thanks kansas city queen.
once again not my thoughts just copied from the blog i thought it was interesting, didn't mean to offend you dick head.

Feb 13, 2008
That's why the fuck we love Kanye... Shit gangsta to me.

I like this one... Never even heard it till 'Ye sampled it...
http://www.zshare.net/audio/52374179071dd26b/

"We sample beats, you sue and try to fight us, man you'd still be home with arthritis, if we didn't revive and bring back alive old beats that we appreciated, you wouldn't survive, you'd be another memory to us, ashes to ashes and dust to dust" - Big Daddy Kane - 1989