IF a SAN DIEGO artist......................

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2006
I-ROCC said:
are you actually serious?? so people that play college football and get drafted tO the NFL are they sell outs too?are do u believe that people should jus go to high school jus to go and never graduate ?or should a nigga jus sticc to pushin bags and never step his weight up?

why if an artist would rather get publishing checks,royalty checks,15,000$ shows instead of little to NO money and just rapping he has to be considered weird?
NOW DONT GO ON AND START COMPARIN APPLES TO GUAVAS, SPORTS IS DIFFERENT.......ITS REAL IN THE AG FIELDS!!! THE WEST COAST IS SOUND IS MADE UP OF REAL ASS SHIT, REAL ASS GANGSTA SHIT SO IF YOU STARTED OUT DOIN THAT TYPE OF MUSIC, GUARANTEED IF YOU GET A MAJOR DEAL YOU GONNA HAVE TO SWITCH UR STYLE TO ACCOMODATE THE MAINSTREAM.....TAKE A LOOK AT ANYOTHER RAPPER THAT STARTED OUT DOIN TIGHT ASS MUSIC, GOT A RECORD DEAL AND FELL THE FUCK OFF.....DONT ACT LIKE YOU DONT HEAR ME IF UR FAVORITE RAPPERS GOT A DEAL GUARANTEED THEY WOULD HAVE TO SWITCH UP FOR THE LABEL TO MARKET THEM TO THE MAINSTREAM AND GUARANTEED YOU WOULDNT LISTEN TO THE NO MO!!!

I-ROCC

CEO of Money Hungry/Hottest Underground N**ga in t
May 5, 2002
LUNICOLEONE.COM
ITS FREAKS said:
LOWRIDERS always equal Gang Banging????
homie..... lowriders are just as california as Palm Trees & Chuck T's

i mean who cares? thats not what i was talking about on the thread or in that post ...I was speaking on an era of music and I used a group of words to give u a visual of what time frame i was speaking on

I-ROCC

CEO of Money Hungry/Hottest Underground N**ga in t
May 5, 2002
LUNICOLEONE.COM
MataSkonkas said:
NOW DONT GO ON AND START COMPARIN APPLES TO GUAVAS, SPORTS IS DIFFERENT.......ITS REAL IN THE AG FIELDS!!! THE WEST COAST IS SOUND IS MADE UP OF REAL ASS SHIT, REAL ASS GANGSTA SHIT SO IF YOU STARTED OUT DOIN THAT TYPE OF MUSIC, GUARANTEED IF YOU GET A MAJOR DEAL YOU GONNA HAVE TO SWITCH UR STYLE TO ACCOMODATE THE MAINSTREAM.....TAKE A LOOK AT ANYOTHER RAPPER THAT STARTED OUT DOIN TIGHT ASS MUSIC, GOT A RECORD DEAL AND FELL THE FUCK OFF.....DONT ACT LIKE YOU DONT HEAR ME IF UR FAVORITE RAPPERS GOT A DEAL GUARANTEED THEY WOULD HAVE TO SWITCH UP FOR THE LABEL TO MARKET THEM TO THE MAINSTREAM AND GUARANTEED YOU WOULDNT LISTEN TO THE NO MO!!!

they can be compred do to the fact that its all numbers at the end of the day! and jus like sports or anything else you do that u consider a career u train and school before u get to where you are trying to be.instead wit music u dont have any school to go to ,the INDI/UNDERGROUND scene is your college of some sort.Any artist that does music as a career will agree with me..nobody is arguing about if ur style would have to change up a bit but that doesnt always mean its a bad thing

May 30, 2006
Go against the grain. Fuck catering 2 the people. Make the people cater 2 u.

Example: Look how so many people are feeling the Dogg Pounds new CD. They didn't cut thru with all that trying 2 get a Source 5 mic BET play bullshit & just gave it to us the way they did back In the day. They didn't try 2 cater 2 the indusrty by tring 2 get features like TI, Twista, Jamie Foxx & Lloyd Banks 2 try 2 appeal 2 the industry. They said "fuck that shit, we got hitters in our own back yard" & grabbed Jayo, Lynch & BG Knocc-Out etc.

Another Example: Look how Brotha Lynch latest muzic iz being embraced. He must browse these boards & read what people be posting cuz this nigga has jumped in a time machine & went back 2 hiz ripgut style & his fans are loving it & the anticipation 4 another Lynch project has sky rocketed.

Aug 7, 2006
I-ROCC said:
they can be compred do to the fact that its all numbers at the end of the day! and jus like sports or anything else you do that u consider a career u train and school before u get to where you are trying to be.instead wit music u dont have any school to go to ,the INDI/UNDERGROUND scene is your college of some sort.Any artist that does music as a career will agree with me..nobody is arguing about if ur style would have to change up a bit but that doesnt always mean its a bad thing
THATS ONLY UR TAKE ON IT.....

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Maybe thats why so many artists from the West Don't make it? They don't put out relevant music to what sells today(E-40 did it, made a whole lot of Money). Or they changed too much and lost respect in the streets and or lost they're loyal fanbase. I say if its always you, then you have no problem what your format for a song is, or how fast the beat is. Always do you, Major or Not! Good example-I-Rocc, A-Wax, The Jacka, P.S.D., Messy Marv, San Quinn.......

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
do what the fuck you gotta do and if yo album suck i aint bumpin it.

how about that.

thats what it boils down to, i could give a fuck about what you do on your album if i dont like it in my car

you could do whatever you want on your album but if it dosent bump then imma put that on my computer and not listen to it.

in the days where people download you wanna get them to put it in they car not in they computer...cars move and people ask about it...houses not so much

Sep 12, 2006
IM NOT BIG ON BUYING A CD FROM CATZ FROM OTHER CITIES.IM NOT KNOCKING THEM PEOPLE LIKE T.I AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER ARTIST ARE TIGHT.BUT IT IS ALOT OF TALENT OUT HERE.SO I CAN POP ANY 1 FROM GANGSTA GOLD 2 I-ROCC IN MY CD PALYER AND BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT IM HEARING.
SHOTS OUT 2 LIL CS WHEN U GONNA SHIT ON THESE NIGGAS WITH SOME NEW HEAT PIMP

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
you know the only reason i'd buy an i-rocc album instead of downloading it, and im not afraid to say it???

cuz i seen that nigga at plaze bonita when i was.. and a few other spots on some regular shit..

and i aint gon run up on the niga like "OH IROCC!!! OH MY GOD!"
cuz hes a regular nigga like me and i give that respect when passin by and nodding my head.

i wanna know a diego rapper is like me...is out in san diego doin they thing like i do my thing. when i see you out selling drugs or jsut hustling, our out grinding , i gain respect.. cuz thats what you might be talkn about. if you come out of nowhere, i dont got that respect for you.

id give orko the sykotic alien the same props but he dosent rep diego on his songs...peace to that nigga tho.

Sep 12, 2006
I RAN INTO THIS CAT ON THE CORNER OF ADAMS AND WILSON AT THE BARBER SHOP AND HE WAS SLANGIN HIS PROMO C.D IT WAS TIGHT .HE HAD I-ROCC AND SMIGG ON IT.AN ARTIST BY THE NAME OF PLAY B

El D

Sicc OG
Mar 7, 2006
ITS FREAKS said:
he's just another westcoast dude on DRE's lable
actually he ain't your typical west coast rapper
you don't hear him yappin about impalas, gangbangin, hydraulics and dr.dre in every fuckin song
dude got mad writing skills, touches good topics in his songs and has a good ear for beats
i think he'll make it big, he just needs a lot of promo but with aftermath behind him that shouldn't be a problem

PS: I-ROCC this is the worst place on earth to ask these kind of questions,
unfortunately most of the posters of the so-cal section are on some middle-age type of mentality

Apr 20, 2005
the only i dont like about Bishop is his Jay-z rhyme-a-like flow. The whisper flow. Lil Wayne, Lupe, and Jin already do that shit. We dont need another Jay-z sound-a-like.

(to the original question)

i guess it all depends on what kind of image ur trying to put out there for urself. There's not too many to choose from.

-drug dealer
-crip/blood
-thug
-dancer
-pimp/player
-sweet talker
-stalker
-rapist
-racist
-bag packer mc

Apr 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
I do whut the fuc I wanna do. I fuc wit cars all day, I get out and about, and I will GET a FUCN job if I need some honest loot. Do whut chu do, or should I say do what you choose to do, no matter what. Somebody is always going to critique or criticize regardless. Point Blank. The hood is the hood and the streets the streets... Get MONEY. :classic: :siccness:

When did this turn into a Bishop thread....