ichiro signs 5yr 90 million

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Seattle is DUMB for re-signing a 33 year old player for 5 damn years. Im a Ichi fan and all, but DAMN...
I don't think it is a bad signing. No one sees any reason to think he wont still be playing at that level when he is 38. Besides, if he does break down in a few years, you aren't locked into a 7 or even 10 year contract.

May 9, 2002
RB20 said:
I don't think it is a bad signing. No one sees any reason to think he wont still be playing at that level when he is 38. Besides, if he does break down in a few years, you aren't locked into a 7 or even 10 year contract.
Signing anyone ove the age of 30 to a contract like that in any sport is dumb. You should have heard the reaction of a Florida Marlin executive that was on the phone of some ESPN show....he thought is was a joke, and when he found out it was true, he expressed his confusion profusely (sp?).

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Signing anyone ove the age of 30 to a contract like that in any sport is dumb. You should have heard the reaction of a Florida Marlin executive that was on the phone of some ESPN show....he thought is was a joke, and when he found out it was true, he expressed his confusion profusely (sp?).

I did and the Marlins should just shut up. Maybe if they actually built teams and kept them after they win, they would get more fans in the stadium, which leads to increased revenue which leads to having more money to spend on players. they ran off a manager that had them contending with a sub 30mil payroll.

And I dont think it is dumb to sign guys to big contracts like that when they are that old in baseball. When that contract is over and he is 39, he can still play for 5 - 10 more years. You see late 30 and 40 year old players on almost every team. And they are still effective.

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
teezy123 said:
thats exzactly what's next..sad but true
you gotta think it tops off somewhere..

It wont as long as owners foot the bill. I think 30mil is pushing it for ANY player. Soem can argue ARod is worth some crazy amount, but as evidenced by the Yankees current place in the AL East, he cant do it all himself. You have to leave room for other aspects of your team. I think the yankees will pay him close to or a littel above 30mil a year...but they can afford it

May 9, 2002
RB20 said:
I did and the Marlins should just shut up. Maybe if they actually built teams and kept them after they win, they would get more fans in the stadium, which leads to increased revenue which leads to having more money to spend on players. they ran off a manager that had them contending with a sub 30mil payroll.

And I dont think it is dumb to sign guys to big contracts like that when they are that old in baseball. When that contract is over and he is 39, he can still play for 5 - 10 more years. You see late 30 and 40 year old players on almost every team. And they are still effective.
You act like these guys are hitting and running the same when they are 35 as they were when they were 30. What happens if, in Ichi's 3rd year of the 5 year contract, he is hitting .270, has only 15 stolen bases and his OBP is barely over .300? Ten what? Was it worth all that money. FUCK no.

Just becuase some guys can play well into their 30's, does NOT mean everyone can. Do you know how many playersa year fall to the way side in their 30's? There is a ridiculous amount of players that were on a MLB roster last year that are now in AA and AAA ball...trying to make it BACK to the big show.

My point is, YOU nor I know what will happen in the future. For all we know, he'll break his arm and then he will be worth SQUAT.

Still, that much money for ANY player, let alone a LEAD off man...at 30..is DUMB...no ifs, and, or BUTS about it.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
Personally, I thought HE was a joke. You have a roster who's salery is lower than my bi-weekly paycheck (joke) and you're talking shit out of your ass? No wonder your team is ass...

MARLINS < a tee ball team...

I think this dude needs to use a little cash and sign some talent instead of bashing someone making a deal. Ichiro in five years > Florida No-wins...!

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
I think that is to much money too. But if the Mariners werent going to pay him then someone else wouldve. Either pay him or let him go to the Yankees, that was their choice.

Jun 26, 2007
REdRUM said:
Ichiro is a fucking BOSS on the field; there's not many better than him. WHY NOT pay him? Keep him on that team (if you're the Mariners)...you don't have much else.
he's one of the best, at least these past few years in the MLB peroid, so it's due to him, 50% the fans come just to see him... your right the mariners don't have much to lose but a whole lot to gain... i rather see them spend it on someone like ichi, than guradado. "or what ever that jokers name is".