i know its been out fo' a few months but i just got this cd.......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
none
turf talk

im knowen as the main reviewer so here is a a brake down

that main cut slumper....is aiight.....i give it like 7 outta 10...beats aiight...i think the wack ass guy from federation gets to start the song cause rick rock did the beat but....guy he sounds like he gangkin b-real.......40 got a good verse though....some line bout "a the little high school girls be lookin"....haha good 1

the hubba rock cut is decent...u get your usuall quinn solid lyric verse....the chorus is damn ass annoying though.....thats the problem with this cd through out the album.....turf talk has appeal,decent voice,good flow....but the weak link is in-ability most of the time to deliever a passable hook..........anyway the beat says sean dre...and has a vague romp 2 vibe so i think its from mac dre.....its a farily good song

the soil is a real standout cut....the beat is a little "hollis'y" but works as a matter of fact in this 1 the song is so good that the so-so turf talk chorus cant even stop it....its a rewind song fo'sho

celebrate is damn awesome.....since im 28 and luv 3 tea' fo' crea'....u know i like mike marshall and holy shit the man is rippin up the hook with that incrediable voice of his good performance...its a little soft the song but its a winner

now to the cds highlight to me......its bundle bush....and on here turf talk really finally takes flight....three long verses by his self provin he is real,provin he can run/hold down/do a whole song by him self....the producer only did this 1 cut....bad move i think this guy is a intresting talent....the song ebbs and flows and has some intriguing parts production wise

the rest of the cd is aiiight....but im lovin the tracks i mentioned

in the end i'd say.....turf talk can rap.....he has an ok voice....decent flows....but only half passable lyrics but hey he did pretty much pull off his debut effort though....a few other last points on this cd.......every song it seems has e-40's presence in it....i know,i know he puttin him out they cuzzo's,but after a while of 40 being like in the back of the rhymes,chorus's time after time it gets old.....also mugzi and 30/30 help put this out but he has only one brief verse...? and lastly turf talk is more than wayyy to obbsesed with la gang rap style and beats.....he sounds like he is la not bay....maybe he is but its just a point of mention.....and the cds overall beats sound more 2004 la than anything....and i really think that they should have had a knowen producer do at least one beat,cause the cd has an air of new bee production .....but those are small points basiaclly turf talk has sales potential and is a legitamate rapper....that could do well if not blow up[we talkin 70,000 to 90,000.....which is good...in closing i wanna say i used to hate 40 for not pushing/making the carriers of d-day,big bone,mac shawn,lil italy,etc.....but now i know why.....them other fools would never sell/blow up like this new cat might