I hate instituational Racism!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2002
I dont know how many of you notice institutional racism (racism engrained in the institutions of society, sometimes not noticed as racism, because the behavior is not necessarily aversive or out and out racist), but i notice it alot. Just the other day, me (mixed asian male) and my wife (black female) walked up together (hand in hand) and were at a check stand paying for our items, at Old Navy. Well, i ran and grabbed a couple more shirts (for our two year old, who was not with us). When i put them in our pile of clothes to buy, the (whitewoman) cashier looked at us and said, "is this all together?"

Now, to some of you this is not a big deal, but to me, it is a typical case of insitutional racism. Something that i cannot call out as out and out racism, but racist, none the less. If my wife and I were two white people who walked up hand in hand, and i had ran to get a couple more shirts, and sat them down in our pile of clothes to buy, do you think she would have asked me that same question?

May 17, 2002
Maybe so, and maybe it is because we live in Utah, with 90% white people, but either way, If we were a white couple, no way the question gets asked (within the context of our situation)! Period.

Dec 25, 2003
Utah!

Harsh.

Start savin up. Try to put away 100 dollars a month into a balanced mutual fund and 100 dollars a month into an aggressive that you can eventually cash out and move with.

Dec 25, 2003
Also, the assumption of a clueless white worker at Old Navy is in no part an example of "institutional racism". It's simply personal ignorance. If it was institutional racism, racism would have to be somehow ingrained into the institution of Old Navy, causing the white girl to be racist. In fact, you probably just ran into the Average White Person From Utah.

Dec 25, 2003
I work retail part-time and I see people putting their shit on top of other people's cause they don't wanna stand there and hold it. I think this is an example of looking too far into it, though racism is what it could have been.

In any case 1. She works at the Gap. I'm not gonna go into 7/11 and expect to discuss the existentialist dilemna with the tattoed burn-out 45 year old who works there.

2. It's a white bitch from Utah. Honestly.

Dec 25, 2003
I hold several positions in stock, equities, and other securities. I am working on eventually being sponsored by a brokerage firm. I manage my entire portfolio. I work retail part-time and I am an intern at an Edward Jones regional office part-time. So technically, I'm not a broker yet, when I said "yes" earlier, I had thought you meant in a small-time, personal sense.

Jun 5, 2004
same shit happens when i go somewhere with my girlfriend. it tends to be old white ladies who give us that shit when we are together, except i get looked at like i kidnapped her or something.

-come to think about it, that shit has been happening for years... i'll go to the store with my mom (shes white) and put my food right next to hers, and im like talking to her and shit, and the casier would seperate our food with them little plastic dividers, im like wtf?

Apr 25, 2002
Edj i think you think white people are in a class by themselves, you seem to group "us" all together like every white person thinks the exact same thing....why would he help you get rich? what did you do for him?

Dec 25, 2003
I could, but if I were to tell you any investment is risk-free, it'd be a lie.

If you could start your own successful business (not in the music industry) or acquire some sort of real estate, I could definitely go a bit farther as far as cutting down your taxes, hedging your bets against risk, and providing stable income.

But it takes money to make money 999 times out of 1000.

Jun 27, 2003
WHITE DEVIL said:
I could, but if I were to tell you any investment is risk-free, it'd be a lie.

If you could start your own successful business (not in the music industry) or acquire some sort of real estate, I could definitely go a bit farther as far as cutting down your taxes, hedging your bets against risk, and providing stable income.

But it takes money to make money 999 times out of 1000.
Can you tell me any info on the Canadian Royalty Trust Program? I received some promotional e-mail advertising the "12% letter" and it seems very close to fradulent in my opinion. I have heard of this program before, but not in detail. It's my understanding that these securities take corporations out of a taxable position. I would imagine that if investment in these trusts is so popular, as the letter points out, a lot of these trusts would be broken by now? Anyway, in your opinion, good investment or no? I googled it, but didn't really find any useful information.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
JIM BEAM,
ALL WHITE PEOPLE AIN'T THE SAME. I NEVA SAID OR IMPLIED THAT. QUIT THINKIN'. THOUgHT YOU THOUgHT.

WHITE DEVIL,
I gOT PEOPLES IN REAL ESTATE AND A SUgAR MAMA BREAKIN' BREAD. IT'S ALL gRAVY CUZZ. PM ME ON SOME SHIT.