How many albums do you own?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
After deleting a couple of albums and artists..., i have now, 25.28 gbs of music..., that's a 80% increase in a month and a half..., that's like cramming a years worth of music in a month and a half. That's a lot of music. For me, at least.

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
Nuttkase do you know Zeb? Now he has every album ever made. lol

The stuff on my external is the stuff I like. CDs are stuff I like or couldn't find to download to check out first and vinyl is stuff I really really like. Otherwise I burn it to data disc and delete it. (or if it's really bad, just delete it)

LOL I have no clue how to tell what's on shit except for putting it in my hard drive and checking. I mean if I'm looking for something specific, I usually have a good guess as to what kind of disc it's on, but really it's a guessing game.
wtf is up with your avatar?

shit makes me wanna sign off immediately

Apr 14, 2003
I thought I had a lot of music, but you guys make me look like a little chump......I've got about 500 cds....I dont have em all ripped.....I've got about 6 gB's of music on my computer

May 15, 2002
Seriously! But I don't have a record player:(

The only vinyl I have are Agalloch limited releases and I have to go to a friend's house when I want to listen to them. He's all about vinyl. That's how I got him into Agalloch :cool:

May 15, 2002
Once I move into a bigger place (I live in a studio..it sucks), I'll be able to move my stereo stuff in with me and I can take a record player my dad has that just needs a needle. Once that happens I'll be buying a lot more vinyl.

When you do get a record player, you should look into Phase Technology speakers. They're high end speakers for real affordable prices. I got a pair of bookshelf speakers from them about 5 or 6 years ago that cost $260 and they still sound far superior to the speakers that go for $400 a pair. Apparently, they have so many patents and such that whenever pretty much any other company makes a speaker, they have to pay Phase something because they're using Phase's technology. That way, they can sell their speakers for a much lower price.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I got around 500 CD's 25 Tapes and almost 220GB worth of music. As soon as I move home though I'll have around 800GB if not more. Gotta love slsk!

Jan 14, 2006
i have only about 20 gb's of music on my computer cuz all i have is like a 60 gb laptop hardrive and then hella cd's in my closet i dont know what most of them are either i have like a bunch of music, a bunch of tv episodes, anime, music videos hella stuff but if i would never deltete any of my music i would have around 80 gb maybe.. thats cuz i compress most of my music into m4a so i could fit a lot more into my iPod

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
I have over 2,000 CDs and still buy CDs. I probably always will, but I don't buy as much as I used to. I used to buy pretty much anything from the bay or Sacramento, but after buying too many shitty albums I just stick with the artists I really like. I also just got an IPod and started putting all of my favorite CDs on it. I've put about 8,600 songs on it and it holds 20,000 songs. That way I don't have to go digging through my many boxes of CDs for an album. The funny thing is, though, I know exactly which box a CD is in. I still listen to my CDs more than my IPod, though. I only keep 4 CDs in my car at a time so that if someone breaks into my car, at least it's only four CDs I have to replace. And if it's a valuable CD like Above The Law- Uncle Sam's Curse, I make sure to get that CD out of my car immediately after I am done listening to it. I think I'd almost rather have my car stolen than a highly valuable CD.