How Come?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Tell me how come Arizona is one of the most slept on states far as the rap game goes? We got Hot rod and willy northpole from AZ who just got signed to g-unit..and we got Az underground kings like Blazerock,Blitzkrieg and Attlas Doin their thing...but On the national Level and from other states..How come dont nobody recognize AZ..is it cause we rep the SOuthwest side instead of just the westside.. Im curious what ya'll think?

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I think most rap comes from a certain area, and if you're from an area that is blowinig up, you have a better chance of making it big. For example - LA and NYC are always gonna be big areas, followed by Oakland, Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, etc. There are all either big cities or cities with a reputation for rap music.

So until Arizona makes itself regionally known the way Atlanta did in the past 10 years, its gonna be a lot harder for an artist from AZ to make it big.

Also, LA, NYC, Chicago, New Orleans etc. are all areas with some amount of African-American culture. And I dont mean it just has alot of African Americans, but I mean that these areas have always been traditionally the breeding grounds for African-American music (Jazz, Bebop, Cool, R&B, Hip Hop, Rap, etc.).

Arizona is a relatively new area, and was not even a US state until the 1900's. I think it has a long way to go as far as forming its own identity and creating its own regional sound before it can have a lot of credibility in the rap game.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
ma...it's the desert.

no major metropolis, no major radio stations, not a big hip hop mecca. I'm sure there are representitaves, but their outlets for exposure are limited at best. you'd have to leave AZ then come back in order to blow it up. send me some links so I can peep these cats out.

not to diss, but with names like "Hot rod and willy northpole" they are going to have to be BEASTS on the mic just to be taken seriously.

Sep 12, 2002
Misstaysha said:
Tell me how come Arizona is one of the most slept on states far as the rap game goes? We got Hot rod and willy northpole from AZ who just got signed to g-unit..and we got Az underground kings like Blazerock,Blitzkrieg and Attlas Doin their thing...but On the national Level and from other states..How come dont nobody recognize AZ..is it cause we rep the SOuthwest side instead of just the westside.. Im curious what ya'll think?
never heard of these artists, got any info to website to hear the music. az artist probably need to collobrate with some known la artist or bay artist to get some exposure on underground level.

i only heard a few artist from az- nb ridaz and hindu family(i think they from az- c bo presents hindu family).

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i know alot of rappers from the bay move to AZ cuz its so expensive out here, thats all i know