@ heresy or anyone who knows guitars

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2003
i am trying to buy an electric guitar and a bass. i noticed that there are the Fender Strat and the Fender bass, but fender also has a subcompany called "Squier" -- squier makes a p-bass and a strat, like Fender does.

are there any major differences between sound quality? i hope not, the squier costs about half as much!

p.s. would you recommend the Distortion or Mega Distortion pedal from Roland. i do not do "death" or "heavy" rock. i will be using this stuff to do rock thats more along the lines of sublime, red hot chili peppers, incubus, 311, just to give you an idea (if any of you have heard them)

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Squier is a beginner model, they also have "Bullet" .

Depends on how serious you are really..... There probably a difference in the pickup, and the fret board... I do know Squier is not a very good guitar. It was not bad for my first guitar, its nothing special. You should get an effects pad, you can setup all types of effects... They are really cool!

peace

Aug 12, 2002
I'd say it's probably better to spend $150 and get a Squirer for your first guitar than $400 and get a Fender, only to find out you can't spend enough time learning to play or whatever. The Squirers are made in Asia and are not made from as high quality parts, but I believe the design is exactly the same as the Fender. From what I've heard, they vary a lot in quality (even within the same model) Some are great, and some sound off...

-=bumpus=-

Jan 25, 2003
i already know how to play guitar. i learned on a fender acoustic, so me not having time to learn or play wont be an issue. thanks for the info you two.

what kind of stuff do you have in your guitar rig, samos?