Hayward man killed in bar shooting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2003
Hayward man killed in bar shooting/Homicide Arrests In Union City

R.I.P. TO MY BOY Nathan Tuitasi I WORKED WITH HIM FOR A FEW YEARS
GOD BLESS HIM AND HIS FAMILY AND HIS TWO KIDS
**UPDATED***Homicide Arrests In Union City

Hayward man killed in bar shooting
By Gideon Rubin
The Daily Review
Article Last Updated: 09/1/2008 10:56:10 PM PDT

HAYWARD — Police are investigating a shooting at a Hayward bar early Saturday morning that left a man dead, authorities said.

The shooting occurred at about 1:45 a.m. at the Viper Lounge on 29308 Mission Blvd., Lt. Bernie Licata said.

The coroner's bureau confirmed the victim was a 24-year-old Hayward man.

Police withheld the victim's name, citing concerns that releasing it could jeopardize the investigation.

A large crowd fled as police arrived at the scene and found the man in the bar with gunshot wounds. The victim was taken to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley, where he was pronounced dead.

According to witnesses, the shooting culminated a dispute between two groups at the bar, Licata said. There were no other known injuries.

It was not immediately known if the dispute was gang-related, Licata said.

The homicide is the fifth such death in Hayward this year and the second in 10 days. On Aug. 21, 21-year-old Deandre Tyre Demisse of San Francisco was shot to death inside a store at Southland Mall.

The shooter in Saturday morning's incident was described as a Latino male in his 20s or 30s with short dark hair wearing a white T-shirt, Licata said.

He was last seen running away from the scene with his associates.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Hayward police investigations bureau at 510-293-7064.

Apr 17, 2003
SWAT Teams Make Homicide Arrests In Union City

http://www.ktvu.com/video/17438220/index.html

UNION CITY. Calif. -- Six suspects were arrested Wednesday in connection with the alleged gang-related murder of a 24-year-old man at a crowded Hayward bar nearly three weeks ago, according to the Hayward Police Department.

About 135 officers from various Bay Area law enforcement agencies served seven search warrants beginning at 4 a.m., resulting in the arrest of six of the seven suspects by 8:30 a.m., Hayward police Lt. Chris Orrey said.

Hayward resident John Joseph Fragoza, 26, San Leandro resident Adelino Lee Lopes, 46, and Hayward resident John Wesley James, 20, were arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and gang conspiracy, Orrey said.

Jason Jimenez Mejia, a 20-year-old Hayward resident, and a 17-year-old boy whose name has not been released because of his age, were arrested for murder and gang conspiracy, Orrey said.

Another 17-year-old boy was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and gang conspiracy.

One suspect remains outstanding.

Officers from the Hayward Police Department, Alameda County Sheriff's Office, Union City Police Department, Alameda County Narcotics Task Force, the Southern Alameda County Narcotics Enforcement Team and the Southern Alameda County Gang Violence Task Force assisted in serving the search warrants this morning.

Nathan Tuitasi was shot and killed inside the Viper Lounge bar at 29308 Mission Blvd. around 1:40 a.m. on Aug. 30, police said.

Responding officers saw a large group of people fleeing the bar, and inside found Tuitasi suffering from gunshot wounds. He was taken to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley where he died, police said.

Witnesses reportedly told police the victim and shooter were involved in a dispute between two groups.

Tuitasi's death was the city's fifth homicide this year.

Apr 25, 2002
Man, i go to the Viper Lounge all the time... the doormen search the shit out of you before you enter. I mean they practically molest me when I get patted down there. Some broad must of been packin for dude in her purse or somethin, they dont pat down the chicks.