HARDWARE VS. SOFTWARE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What Do You Use To Make Beats?

• software.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • hardware.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • BOTH.

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters
May 31, 2005
just doin a lil survey.. my bad if its already been posted, couldnt find shit with the search function..

if you use hardware...MPC, Triton, etc. state what you use..

if you use software, reason, fruity loops, etc. state what you use...

if you use both, state exactly what.

thanks.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I use both...for the actual music portion I use hardware. I only use software to arrange things into song format.
Hardware:
Sp-303 sampler ,8 track digital recorder and a couple of Emu sound Modules...mixer and turntable too.

Software:
Cubase and acid

C

Composure

mpc is dope but if u tryin to conserve money,get a trigger finger or the mp pads from akai, analog mixers can be exchange for a control surface for use in software, most are motorized,which is a plus+ saves money,but an analog mixer can serve for more outputs/inputs depending on what your trying to do,sometimes better sound quality

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
I do most of my sequencing in Ableton Live with a ton of VST's or Fl Studio depending on how I'm feeling. I have Pro Tools M-Powered also and an M Audio midi controller I use with my laptop. I chose the software side just because it real portable and less expensive for me + I'm still trying to get the hang of things. I guess it's kinda cool I can get busy wherever I'm at. All I have to do is pack up my laptop, midi controller and some headphones and I'm good. I'd love to have a hardware setup tho.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I got started with a casio keyboard, boss drum machine & the lowest budget protools/interface i could find....I got reason, an asr, a simple ass midi controller, and ableton live....