Gym Class Heroes??? Dope or wack???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
Since they blew up big!!! ...and are also on some hip-hop vibe but after hearing their latest single, I'm like I dunno, eww...

But what you guys think of em, in your honest opinions???

Are they reely any good, worth listenin to a lil more, or they're just plain saturated wack like all the other pop rock shit that saturating the airwaves just like its rap......

Nov 15, 2005
I think they're coo. I'm diggin' their current music. I'm not familiar with their previous work and I haven't seen 'em live.

Apr 25, 2002
their latest one has some really dope production IMO. and the "lead singer" or whatever can actually rap. a lot of their song topics are in the teeny bopper realm but a lot of their tracks are solid nevertheless

check out "viva la white girl"

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
You guys actually think that the MC (if you want to call him that) in the band can spit? lol Wow. I really don't know what to say to that. I guess it proves what a bad spot hip hop is in if people thing that dude is kind of dope. But I really don't like talking much about bands/rappers/whatever I don't care for so I'll just let it be lol.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
they have the potential to be good (production,flow,catchy hooks) but they got a little too teeny bopper for my tastes. their content is HORRIBLE. if anything is made for jr high school girls its gym class heroes

Aug 7, 2006
Nuttkase said:
You guys actually think that the MC (if you want to call him that) in the band can spit? lol Wow. I really don't know what to say to that. I guess it proves what a bad spot hip hop is in if people thing that dude is kind of dope. But I really don't like talking much about bands/rappers/whatever I don't care for so I'll just let it be lol.
check doods freestyles out. he can spit some shit. stop sleepin

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Post some up if you could.

But after hearing what I've heard, which I'll admit is limited, I'd be suprised if I'm blown away by his stuff. I mean, I've heard a lot worse MC's that are just as big if not bigger then him/them, but I still think him and his band are pretty bad.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Nuttkase said:
I downloaded their last album and he's really not that bad, there are some songs where he does show off skills and others that are stupid ass pop songs.....but he can write to topics and stick to subjects really well

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
If someone could up a song or two that show off his skills that would be cool. I try not to write off people/bands too quickly but I've heard maybe a half dozen songs by them and all of them were really bad IMO.

I'm always down to give a closer listen though.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
here's "Viva La White Girl" http://rapidshare.com/files/62825244/06_6th_Period__Viva_La_White_Girl.mp3

and "Biter's Block"
http://rapidshare.com/files/62825244/06_6th_Period__Viva_La_White_Girl.mp3

after uploading these I think it would've been better if I uploaded the "sloppy love jingles" to showcase his skills....its 3 spoken word-esque interludes, about 1 minute each about him at a bar seeing some girl and leaving with her, he uses nice wordplay in them, but I think the last one shows the best of his abilities.....

"Sloppy Love Jingle pt 3"
http://rapidshare.com/files/62826074/15_Detention__Sloppy_Love_Jingle_Part_3.mp3