Gunfire Erupts At San Leandro Pot Club; Suspect Killed

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2003
SAN LEANDRO -- Police searched Saturday for three suspects involved in a robbery that erupted in gunfire at a medical marijuana dispensary, leaving one of the gunmen fatally injured.

The shootout occurred shortly after 11:30 a.m. Friday as employees and the store owner were preparing to open Natural Source and were met by five gunmen armed with semi-automatic rifles. The robbers forced the employees inside, then began taking marijuana and cash, said Lt. Dale Amaral of the Alameda County Sheriff's Department.

Authorities said the suspects forced the store owner to open the safe, then fled with an unspecified amount of money and marijuana. The owner grabbed a revolver that was kept inside the store and exchanged shots with the suspects, Amaral said. Another employee triggered a silent alarm.

One suspect was fatally shot in the exchange, sheriff's Sgt. Linda Thuman said.

The coroner's office identified him as DeMarco Lowrey, 18 of Oakland. He was pronounced dead at Children's Hospital Oakland, where his accomplices dropped him off after the shootout, Thuman said.

Authorities arrested one suspect at the scene. None of the store employees was injured

Aug 8, 2003
these people are only fucking it up for everyone... the city council will use these robberies as an exscuse to close them... i dont feel bad for dood who got shot...

thanks u grubby muffuccas

Jun 23, 2003
I am glad to hear that dude was fatally shot. He deserved it. I hope that the store owner gets a pat on the back. They (robbers) do fuck it up for everyone else. I mean, rob a bank or some shit if your that fucking down, and buy some weed with the cash. Fuck robbin some stoners and pissing off the weed smoking community. I hope they got enough cash to feel good about their dead homie.

Apr 17, 2003
yeah dude who got caught got his ass whooped is facing a murder charge because it was a armed robbery that ended in homicide,