GRAND THEFT AUTO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
www.PROJECTAFFILIATED.com
WHAT UP FOLX....I AM DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH ON GTA 3 OR VICE CITY-->

-we are going 2 focus on how the game pushes the envelope in game concepts, design, usablility (not sure if thats a word), and every thing else

we are going 2 categorize them accordingly:

1. concept: "the making of" type of thing and how it has pushed the envelope as far as user design and story board.

2. characters: how they are extreme and there "very real personality"--language, prositutes, -->overall characters and how they interact

3. behind the scenes: the creative team behind GTA--why did they develop this kind of game, why did they push the envelope,etc.--influenced by mafia

4. the controversy the game created--> ie. crimes commited and blamed on game, how the media portrays the game--any and all controversy generated by the game. for mature audiences...should kids play it...

--------------------------------------------------------
DOES NE1 HAVE INFO ON ANY OF THESE ASPECTS OR ANY GOOD WEBSITES 2 FIND GTA FACTS

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Jun 27, 2002
there was a spree of killing in Oakland i think......they called them selves the "NutCases" ima try n post the article...they blame it on the game....

Jun 27, 2002
Posted: February 4, 2003 at 6:49 p.m.

OAKLAND (BCN) -- Oakland police said today that investigators have now linked six alleged members of the city's "Nut Case" gang to five previously unsolved murders, dozens of armed robberies and three shootings.

On Friday, police said they had arrested four suspects in connection with three slayings. Tuesday, Police Chief Richard Word announced that the arrests of two more suspects over the last week had helped investigators solve two more murders.

Police identified the suspects as Jhomari Sutton, 20, Deonte Donald, 17, Demarcus Ralls, 18, Leon Wiley, 25, Aminah Colbert, 25, and Joe Ralls, 26. Four of the suspects were on probation at the time of their arrests, some for gun offenses.

"This is a vicious group of individuals, cold and callous," Word told reporters at a news conference at police headquarters today. "We believe Oakland's a safer place by having them off the streets and in jail."

He said the brazen nature of the Nut Case gang's alleged activities, which apparently included "shooting people ... for fun," is something investigators do not often see.

Police began arresting the suspects on Jan. 16 and made their most recent arrest on Saturday.

Word said one of the suspects in the East Oakland clique bore a tattoo that flaunted the group's incorrigible nature and outlaw aspirations.

"(A tattoo) one of the suspects had on his arm was "You still ain't listening,"' Word said. "Apparently this is in response to being told by other adults and other guardians to cool it, to calm down, to lead a straight life."

Four of the six suspects have admitted their involvement in the slayings, police said. Each of the six suspects has been charged with at least one count of murder, and some face charges of multiple counts of robbery and other crimes.

Word said today that the suspects told police they had been involved in 50 to 100 robberies.

Ralls, Donald and Sutton have been charged with the robbery-murder of Sunny Thach on the evening of Jan. 6. Sgt. Mark Dunakin said the suspects shot and killed Thach, 31, when he was not fast enough in handing over his wallet in the 1900 block of Sixth Avenue. Thach's wallet contained a mere $31.

Demarcus Ralls, his half-brother Joe Ralls, and Leon Wiley have been charged with murder in connection with the slayings of Keith Harris, 14, and Jerry Duckworth, 24, inside an apartment at 871 Campbell St. on Dec. 27.

Police said the killings resulted from an argument between Wiley and others over his girlfriend. Following the dispute, Wiley allegedly solicited his friends to carry out the shooting.

Donald is suspected of being involved in the murder of Douglas Ware, 19, shot in the 900 block of Kirkham Way on Dec. 18, police said. The district attorney's office is reviewing the case.

Ralls and Colbert are charged with killing Joseph Mabrey, 36, who was shot in a car on Oct. 24 in the 3200 block of Storer Avenue. Police said the shooting was the result of a love triangle involving the Mabrey, Colbert and another man.

Dunakin said several of the suspects told investigators that the crew spent a considerable amount of time playing the video game "Grand Theft Auto III."

Dunakin said the game, in which a player is awarded points for committing crimes such as murders, robberies and carjackings, apparently had a "desensitizing" effect on the suspects, though it is not clear whether it actually inspired the crimes.

Police said the suspects were primarily motivated by money, though media coverage of crime in Oakland may have also played a role.

A break in the case came when a witness to one of the robberies was able to remember a partial license plate, which led police to a car registered to Colbert and ultimately to the four other suspects.

Anyone with information any of the suspects is asked to call the Homicide Section at (510) 238-3821.

Crime Stoppers of Oakland has also announced that it will pay $500 to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of a parolee in possession of a firearm. The Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line can be reached at (510) 238-6946.

Apr 26, 2002
www.PROJECTAFFILIATED.com
mustynutz said:
there was a spree of killing in Oakland i think......they called them selves the "NutCases" ima try n post the article...they blame it on the game....
thanks bro

->>>>simon it is a skool assignment....i will be building a interactive cd with director and thought the gfx in GTA would be good 2 use along with the movie scenes

if you got NE info on it shoot it 2 me

Jun 27, 2002
go to IGN.COM.......DO A SEARCH ON THE GAME ITSELF....OR DO A SEARCH ON "THE MAKING OF GRAND THEFT AUTO III" SHIT LIKE THAT.....I'VE READ ARTICLE LIKE THE ONE YOUR LOOKING FOR BUT I DIDNT THINK TO REMEMBER WHERE I SEEN EM....ON THE WEB SOMEWHERE..

JESTER YOU STILL IN DALY CITY DOGG

Apr 26, 2002
I thought so....and my names not Simon...

Its quite recurrent...males applying Grand Theft Auto to assignments...I frequently see video games being pertained to presentations at school...good luck on that mane....

btw...what school do you attend?

Apr 26, 2002
JESTER said:
actually i dont like the game 2 much my FEMALE partner suggested it since she's obsessed....(it is simon as in yes)

i attend SFSU.
Well excuse me...LoL....Simon pertaining to yes..pssh silly me...please pardon my obliviousness...Good luck mane...