good places in daygo to slang your cd???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 6, 2004
.. THE WHOLE CD HUSTLE IS FUCKED UP
DOWN HERE . THE PLACE WHERE EVERYBODY KICKED IT
AND BOUGHT LOCAL SHIT GOT TURNED OUT .

. FAM MART

EVEN THE MOM AND POP SHOPS ASKIN FOR
ADDRESSES AND BAR CODES ON THE CD SLEEVE .

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
aint no one buyin yo mutha fuckin cd until you start selling coke.

youre in the wrong city.

i'd suggest sitting in the middle of the freeway next to the border with the chiclet women.

if someone came up to me in SD tryna sell me a cd i'd look at that nigga like a leper

youre better off getting it in the siccshop if you ask me...

and nothing i said i mean to be offensive with....but asking where to sell cds in SD is like walking into mcdonalds and asking them for lobster tails

they just dont serve that. know what i mean?

lol

Apr 25, 2002
Slangin CDs out on the street is gettin pretty overrated. The reason why is their so much trash, and so much trashy rappers on the street, most people just pass up every rapper regardless of talent.

If you are avoiding white people downtown you should study the demographics of hip hop music buyers. I don't have the numbers to prove it by I am positive whites, asians and even latinos buy more records than African Americans. Yes, I know you are thinking, not any white people, but "those corporate" white people, but believe it or not, they listen to Hip Hop as well.

Everytime I see a guy hustlin on the street that wants $10 for his cd I tell him I won't buy it, but I'll listen to it for him and let him know what I think. Most folks never would give me their CD, Hip Hop music has too much ego to find a humble rapper, but those who do I'll give some detailed advice to and if I like it I'll even send them money.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
to me its like, get out my fuckin face. I should just carry a minature bat for people who think its cool to approach me and blow my high. im tryna buy a philly cheese steak thinkin bout coppin somethin at the mall and here comes you and your little goof troop carrying that fucking aiwa cd player with the broken headphones talkin bout YO YO YOU LIKE RAP MUSIC

its like, NO I DONT. shut the fuck up

i seen your ass a block away before i even crossed the street next to the waterfall at horton plaza. Thats why i made absolutely no eye contact and sighed LOUDLY as you walked up to me.

"nah man im broke"
"2 dollars man, 2 dollars!"
"i aint got no money"
"1 dollar!!!"

mutha fuckas are no different then those god damn old ladies at the trolley stop pushing "awake!" magazine. except they actually want money.

Atleast homeless people kinda just kick it and you give them money as you feel like it.

Every single album i have ever bought on the street in my 28 years on earth have turned into a drink coaster.

you are in a city full of people who have more than likely, multiple times, walked through 10 malnourished mexican kids in tijuana pulling on their shirt asking for change and did not give a fuck.

keep that in mind.

if you aint sellin your cd as a side hustle or you dont have an exterior motice...honestly i dont know what the fuck youre doing on the street.

game has changed..the money is on the net

Jun 22, 2007
to me its like, get out my fuckin face. I should just carry a minature bat for people who think its cool to approach me and blow my high. im tryna buy a philly cheese steak thinkin bout coppin somethin at the mall and here comes you and your little goof troop carrying that fucking aiwa cd player with the broken headphones talkin bout YO YO YOU LIKE RAP MUSIC

its like, NO I DONT. shut the fuck up

i seen your ass a block away before i even crossed the street next to the waterfall at horton plaza. Thats why i made absolutely no eye contact and sighed LOUDLY as you walked up to me.

"nah man im broke"
"2 dollars man, 2 dollars!"
"i aint got no money"
"1 dollar!!!"

mutha fuckas are no different then those god damn old ladies at the trolley stop pushing "awake!" magazine. except they actually want money.

Atleast homeless people kinda just kick it and you give them money as you feel like it.

Every single album i have ever bought on the street in my 28 years on earth have turned into a drink coaster.

you are in a city full of people who have more than likely, multiple times, walked through 10 malnourished mexican kids in tijuana pulling on their shirt asking for change and did not give a fuck.

keep that in mind.

if you aint sellin your cd as a side hustle or you dont have an exterior motice...honestly i dont know what the fuck youre doing on the street.

game has changed..the money is on the net

very true.that why an artist like myself takes cd's to shows and hands them out as well as on the streets.i steady gotta remind ppl im not sellin nothin its free.you have to establish yourself first before anybody will fukk witchu and thats the easiest way to do it.ppl still refuse free shit but thats the way to get it in everyones hands possible.yea get wit siccness and these other websites who are willing to help artists such as myself with promotion.keep throwin ya name out there and having your material everywhere and ppl will wake up.think about that.real spittage.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
very true.that why an artist like myself takes cd's to shows and hands them out as well as on the streets.i steady gotta remind ppl im not sellin nothin its free.you have to establish yourself first before anybody will fukk witchu and thats the easiest way to do it.ppl still refuse free shit but thats the way to get it in everyones hands possible.yea get wit siccness and these other websites who are willing to help artists such as myself with promotion.keep throwin ya name out there and having your material everywhere and ppl will wake up.think about that.real spittage.
thats real.....

someone once told me as an artist, give away your first few good paintings because it spreads word of who you are. grassroot business usually always starts from word of mouth traveling.

if a cd is free, that person might go on the internet and start researching you...add you on myspace and like those songs more...learn more about your shit and start bumping you...they friends hear it and they might check it out...

ive gotten mc's cd's sold just by talking about that shit online much less bumping it in real life..people will hit me up and go where can i get that? they wont even wanna get it in a store, theyll wanna get it hand to hand through a person they can identify with E.G. me or the artist

if i like someones music i got for free im 5 times more than likely to buy it

but coming to san diego and just trying to sell cds...man....thats gonna be kinda hard....you arent going to run into many rappers doing the same thing..and for a good reason..

its the same idea as back in the early 90s when people handed out promotional copies of cds...

in 1992 i got a promotional copy of ras kass's "wont catch me running" handed to me at a hip hop show, and the rest was history..

i wouldnt have bought that shit...cuz i aint know who was kass was in 1992...ya dig?

but when his album soul on ice dropped i got that shit straight out the store with my money..

Aug 9, 2002
thats real.....

someone once told me as an artist, give away your first few good paintings because it spreads word of who you are. grassroot business usually always starts from word of mouth traveling.

if a cd is free, that person might go on the internet and start researching you...add you on myspace and like those songs more...learn more about your shit and start bumping you...they friends hear it and they might check it out...
That's why if your music is tight you go places like downtown or the club when its over and give free copies to cats that have tight systems. But make sure you have a quality sounding CD first.....

Jun 22, 2007
one way that is really untapped is...... hit up the little baby homies in high school & jr high school....... have them sell it to they little friends.

kids that young see a cd thats pressed up..... the little homie say some shit like y'know, dudes my homie - he be rapping. dudes on some crazy shit. & they little friends feel that star struck shit....... wanna be down too.
LOL THATS TRU TOO.just gotta humble yourself cuz this shits a long grind.gotta get niggas in ya OWN city up on game first as well as go outta town to promote and shows wenever time permits.

Jul 10, 2007
www.facebook.com
YOUR ANSWER

Get a permit downtown. They free. Then all the babbies tell you is leave. Make sure you sellin yo shit tho, and it look professional. Also, approach everybody, down turn no potential money down. White folkz buy, it'z all in how you approach em

aint no one buyin yo mutha fuckin cd until you start selling coke.

youre in the wrong city.

i'd suggest sitting in the middle of the freeway next to the border with the chiclet women.

if someone came up to me in SD tryna sell me a cd i'd look at that nigga like a leper

youre better off getting it in the siccshop if you ask me...

and nothing i said i mean to be offensive with....but asking where to sell cds in SD is like walking into mcdonalds and asking them for lobster tails

they just dont serve that. know what i mean?

lol
EVERYTHING U SAID IZ SO TRUE NIGGAZ AINT TRYIN TO BUY CDz FROM ANYBODY UNLESS THEY KNOWN. THATS WHY I MADE A SNIPPET OF MY NIGGA TRE MAKz SO FILTHY CD AND SLUNG FOR FREE @ MY SCHOOL NEVA WAS TURNED DOWN AND GOT OFF A GOOD AMOUNT