Glasses Malone Interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 15, 2006
http://www.illuminati2g.com/glassesmaloneinterview.htm

Glasses Malone took time out of his busy schedule to chop it up with I2G. We discuss the upcoming duo album from Mack 10 and Glasses, Money Musik dropping July 13th, his Beach Cruiser album, his thoughts on the west coast and much more so check it out. For audio of the interview click on the link below.

http://www.zshare.net/download/76257444a89a28c1/

Illuminati 2G is here with Glasses Malone how's it going?

Good man, just working on stuff with my team, working all day.

Tell me a little bit about your new single that you have out, Girls Everywhere, with Mack 10 and YG $oprano.

Well me and Mack 10 have a new album, Mack & Malone and it is entitled Money Muzik dropping on July 13th. We both are cut from the same cloth has far as rapping style and musically, real street dudes, so we got together and made a whole album together. YG $oprano is a Hoo Bangin veteran so we linked up and put the single together.

Girls Everywhere is just that, strictly meant to get the girls out there and go crazy. You feel me?

Do you have a video or anything set to drop from that single?

We have a video set to drop May 8th.

It there any details that you can give about the new album?

Definitely. It is all in house, Hoo Bangin, Drastik Measures production team pretty much did the majority of it. Tommy Gunz, Jim Nays, Peru, Taj Steez and King Dave, they got together and they pretty much produced the whole album. It is a special album, and I don't want to give too much of it away, but of course as far as guests we have Richie Rich on there, T-Pain, YG $oprano is all over the album because he is a Hoo Bangin veteran. A couple more special guests but like I said it is a special album and Money Musik although that is the title, there is more to it then a bunch of songs just about money. I don't want to give too much of it away and I hope you don't mind that.

All good I can respect that. So after the album drops, what is the status on your Beach Cruiser album with Cash Money/Hoo Bangin?

It is due around the same time, this summer. It's going to be interesting to see how everything progresses you feel me?

Yeah it is.

It is going to be crazy.

Would you say..., I mean the album has been highly anticipated for a while. How many tracks have been recorded for the album over time. Is it hundreds of songs like Detox? How many times have you gone back and re done the album?

4 times man. It's been crazy (sighs). The first album so much different then the last album and it went through different stages. Definitely hundreds of songs have been recorded for it, but I am very confident with how it has come out recently and it is amazing. You heard I Get Doe, that is the new single that I leaked off the album. Also I have Eastsidin with Snoop as well so it is very diverse but it is all me. I just can't wait to see people's reactions once they hear it.

Do you think you will do something possibly like a lost tapes album or mixtape that you would release to the fans of the tracks that did not make the album?

Maybe. I don't know I think about that sometimes. But if I don't like the quality of music now, I don't think that is going to work. That is why the tracks did not make it in the first place. I even thought about shooting a movie to the first original Beach Cruiser album and having the album be a soundtrack to that. But that might be a tad bit ambitious because the way I did the first album was like a movie. I am still thinking about it, it is a dope idea.

How would you say that signing with Cash Money has affected your career differently or how it differs with the deal you had with Sony?

Just progress in general. Even though it has been a little time here at Cash Money waiting for my album to come out, I think I have progressed well.

You have said on many occassions and in other interviews you feel that you are the President Of The West Coast. Just a little scenario for you, the west coast needs a bailout plan and you have the agenda in place to fix the issues with the coast. What would be your agenda or what would you want to see change that could bring the west back in 2010?

You are looking at my bailout plan happening right now. This is my bailout plan, and what is happening right now is, and I don't want to be arrogant but I feel what is happening is credited to my beliefs. You have Snoop Dogg vouching for Nipsey Hussle, Problem, Bad Lucc. You have Mack 10 vouching for Glasses Malone, hence you have Dr. Dre vouching for Game. That is the bailout plan and that was always my plan from the start. As far as the New West and everything. Now you even have the younger dudes that are younger than us in their teens. YG, New Boyz, Cold Flamez, so now you looking at my bailout plan happening so I am just watching it unfold.

Do you have any albums that you are waiting to see drop in 2010 from anyone on the west coast? Anyone that you are highly anticipating to drop?

Detox of course. I definitely want to check out I Am The West from Cube. South Central State Of Mind, I am definitely excited about Nipsey Hussle's album. Problem, I mean everyone on the west dropping albums I am anticipating. I am definitely looking forward to Rick Ross' new album. I know he is not west but I am a fan of his music.

I also heard that you and Mistah FAB was talking about doing a album together. Is that still in the works?

Yeah we just have to sit down and finish the album. We always stay busy so it is just a matter of us sitting down and knocking it out when time permits.

What is new from Blu Division? Any new albums or mixtapes set to drop that is coming up soon?

Stage is going to be dropping his EP soon entitled The Preview. That is coming around the same time as my record so we getting ready to drop a video from that real soon. We have a Blu Division compilation inspired by my brother and that is going to be real hot too. Besides a bunch of mixtapes, we just all pushing right now.

A while back we lost a legend in hip hop in Guru from Gangstarr. What is either your favorite album or track from the group?

So many to name. The funny thing is, I don't have any Gangstarr albums, but I know their joints. I was always a fan of Guru's voice but if I had to pick one, it would be You Know My Steez. That would probably be on alot of peoples list.

Yeah that is a dope track. I know you have alot of mixtapes, especially older mixtapes, like White Lightning. Where can people pick up hard copies or a free download of those or what you have coming up?

www.twitter.com/gmalone. You can hit me up directly for things like that or www.whoisgmalone.com. It has all my stuff and you can buy White Lightning, you can get Fuck Glasses Malone, you can get Nightmare On Seventh Street, that was the free album that I did. Electric Chair, all that stuff is there. www.whoisgmalone.com would be the place to go.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

Me and Mack 10 working on a tour right now.

Well that is all the questions I have for you. Appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Thank you to Illuminati 2G for the interview. Thanks to everyone that has been instrumental in my career and thank you to all the fans that have been riding for me.

Appreciate your time.

Much love bro.

May 6, 2009
It's funny, Glasses was vouching for Lil Wayne the other night on Ustream. Saying Wayne got put on by REAL Piru's, the main one, named Terminator.

Wish I could have made the show on Friday night. Did anybody go? How was it?