funkaffiliated cover art

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
THey just jacked it and manipulated the pic.

i.e. it wasn't restaged, it was just photo edited i.e. guassian blur, skewing, moving around.

There's been some pretty awful logo and concept stealing over the decades.

Skanless out the NW. - 2000 release

the more established Skanless outta Sacto - 1999 release and obviously a similar style on 96 one too. That's an artist's logo concept, like spice-1 or Pac!

Im not sure if its stolen idea or straight jacked and they just did some masking with the yellow fill. It looks slightly different i.e. the s's and n's so it could be coincidental here, but i still reckon the concept was jacked.

Last edited:

Sicc OG
Sep 22, 2007
THey just jacked it and manipulated the pic.

i.e. it wasn't restaged, it was just photo edited i.e. guassian blur, skewing, moving around.

There's been some pretty awful logo and concept stealing over the decades.

Skanless out the NW. - 2000 release

the more established Skanless outta Sacto - 1999 release and obviously a similar style on 96 one too. That's an artist's logo concept, like spice-1 or Pac!

Im not sure if its stolen idea or straight jacked and they just did some masking with the yellow fill. It looks slightly different i.e. the s's and n's so it could be coincidental here, but i still reckon the concept was jacked.
good example.. as a big fan of sac skanless & book of skanless that future is platinum record pissed me off making me think it was a new skanless project.

I think its pretty obvious they tried to cash in on the other skanless given how similar the font looks even if the n's and s's are different. maybe they altered the n's and s's from the original font for sac skanless' covers because everything else looks identicle.

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
good example.. as a big fan of sac skanless & book of skanless that future is platinum record pissed me off making me think it was a new skanless project.

I think its pretty obvious they tried to cash in on the other skanless given how similar the font looks even if the n's and s's are different. maybe they altered the n's and s's from the original font for sac skanless' covers because everything else looks identicle.
Yeah i definately call shenanigans on it. THey probably just nominated a similar font in their font packs to hand. Him bein a gangsta rapper outta Portland or Spokane, i dont think it was coincidence. He'd surely know about Skanless' releases.

I didnt piss me off so much, cause i remember when it dropped, he offered a few of the tracks on iuma.com. Still lame if the logo was done purposely to look like Skan's shit.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Could it be that the same person did the graphics for both albums and erroneously thought it is the same artist and so a similar font had to be used?

After all, Skanless from Sac was never that popular to begin with so it's hard to imagine someone being such a big fan of him that he went so far as jacking the name and lettering...

May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
^^ nah G, that looks like a discmakers in-house graph artist.. That famous giant X explicit lyrics logo was their making. Skanless from NW is actually from Watts though as i just learnt, i revisited the IUMA archive. Musta just recorded in NW, he shouts out a whole bunch of Watts, Gardena, COmpton, Long Beach artists...

Samoht did Skanless' first shit if I recall, i dunno about In The End We Shall Repent.. id need to check the inlays. He'd know Skan off the back as he did art for local rappers only so no way did that occur. Samoht has his own 2 custom explicit lyrics logo too. A redid font on of the black and white banner, and like a shattered glass version of it too he created not long after doin his 94 to 96 shit. Sad i know that.

Im talkin about the guy who did art for First D.E, E-Dub, Skee 64, M-Sane, Old-E & Redrum, Marv-Mitch & LeMay, Ice Berg outta Warren OH bein the only exception i guess! But he recorded outta sac

Last edited:
Props: ThaG and ThaG
May 12, 2002
www.glmc.gemm.com
shit yeah that was the one that dropped just after Cold Blooded right? i forgot about that. That's too strange that Funkaffiliated would be getting their cover art stolen this frequently. I'm beginning to think it's a stil from a movie, or art from some kind've famous photo shoot now.... real good find there.

Who was the guy who just pasted his face over the Jacka on some mixtape art a couple years back? that was awful and due i think was a New Yorker.

Feb 21, 2011
Yeah I am curious where the picture originated from as well. I never got a chance to see that mixtape cover you talk about but that's funny shit wish I got to check that. Some people are just unoriginal and or lazy lol.

May 27, 2006
wasn't that a picture inspired by an old horror film movie cover? so they all look the same since all wanted to look like the movie cover and no rap group stole any other rap group's cover?

Jan 6, 2003
Actually I was just fuckin with yall since these type of masks have been worn in many types of movies. they wore some kind of masks in Eyes Wide shut too but I don't remember if they were exactly like these or not.

eyes wide shut is from 1999 so I wouldn't put my money on that movie being the inspiration for these covers, haha

May 27, 2006
LOL u won ...i really beleaved you .. even tho it felt weird gangsta rap groups who usually take covers from gangsta movies, horror movies or hood movies in this case got their inspiration by a tom cruise love movie.

I still think this picture with the 3 masks in exactly this formation is from an old horror movie, somehow it feels i have seen it before exactly like that just can't make my mind up. Maybe i'm confused tho because like you said those masks have been worn in several movies.