FUGG NAME DROPPIN' DO U NI***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
i told you my nigga... lol
lets keep it on topic ya'll

* in my best mac mall voice *
this is my opinion....

features on an album aint meant shit to me since the late 90's, anyone can buy features now over the internet now, I can start rappin tomorrow and pay for my features by Monday, slap together an album and plaster 32 names on the front other people will recognize and that could be my main selling point..
How many times have so-called "rappers" approached you trying to sell and album an been like

"yup, buy MY album, its dope, i got tracks with "........." (and then names 10 rappers)"

How you gonna claim to be a solo artist and you got more features than songs? To me it means you cant do a whole album by yourself, or your name and brand arent recognizable enough so that you have to piggyback the nexts mans name.....

a real "solo" back in the day HAD NO FEATURES...now its a complete contradiction when your solo looks more like a compilation.

Now using features as an executive producer, producer, real CEO or label owner.... that's a different story to me..
Take someone for instance like Gabe from Apt. 3, his albums have been well put together projects and he organized some of the best features possible for his compilations..i dont think anyone would ever see him as a "name dropper" and he is "doing him" to quote the author of this thread.

IMHO.... Its not what you do, ITS HOW YOU DO IT.

....to me, IMO....as long as your not trying to rap as well( and if you are, you meet or exceed the level of quality given by ALL the other artists, or at least 80%)...features can work to you advantage if used correctly...and your features should never be the highlight of your album if its YOUR album, say for instance

Rapper A drops his latest "solo" album and all you hear from folks are
" Damn...that TC beat is off the hook" and "that verse from Quinn was dope as fuck" yet no ones really mentions YOU, because you do not meet the same level of quality as your beats and features, instead of the foreground like you should be, you're reduced to a background element.....and you're just getting in the way of the stuff people really wanna hear....it sounds like you are outshined by your features.

Im not directing these comments at anyone so I dont want anyone to take it personally or get things twisted,...lets make this clear...im just SPEAKING MY OPINION, but if cats are skipping the solo tracks on your album, dont know any of YOUR verses or editing you out of your own album...somethings wrong.
everyone has their own approach and ideas of what "success" is...some people want fame more than respect, or fortune over everything, or just to be noticed in some ways shape or form. They say that "any promo is good promo"...but in some ways I disagree

Being talked about is one thing, being spoken highly of is another...Just because your name is in the streets, it doesnt mean good things are being said along with it or you are respected.

Apr 29, 2011
i told you my nigga... lol
lets keep it on topic ya'll

* in my best mac mall voice *
this is my opinion....

features on an album aint meant shit to me since the late 90's, anyone can buy features now over the internet now, I can start rappin tomorrow and pay for my features by Monday, slap together an album and plaster 32 names on the front other people will recognize and that could be my main selling point..
How many times have so-called "rappers" approached you trying to sell and album an been like

"yup, buy MY album, its dope, i got tracks with "........." (and then names 10 rappers)"

How you gonna claim to be a solo artist and you got more features than songs? To me it means you cant do a whole album by yourself, or your name and brand arent recognizable enough so that you have to piggyback the nexts mans name.....

a real "solo" back in the day HAD NO FEATURES...now its a complete contradiction when your solo looks more like a compilation.

Now using features as an executive producer, producer, real CEO or label owner.... that's a different story to me..
Take someone for instance like Gabe from Apt. 3, his albums have been well put together projects and he organized some of the best features possible for his compilations..i dont think anyone would ever see him as a "name dropper" and he is "doing him" to quote the author of this thread.

IMHO.... Its not what you do, ITS HOW YOU DO IT.

....to me, IMO....as long as your not trying to rap as well( and if you are, you meet or exceed the level of quality given by ALL the other artists, or at least 80%)...features can work to you advantage if used correctly...and your features should never be the higligh of your album if its YOUR album, say for instance

Rapper A drops his latest "solo" album and all you hear from folks are
" Damn...that TC beat is off the hook" and "that verse from Quinn was dope as fuck" yet no ones really mentions YOU, because you do not meet the same level of quality as your beats and features, instead of the foreground like you should be, you're reduced to a background element.....and you're just getting in the way of the stuff people really wanna hear....it sounds like you are outshined by your features.

Im not directing these comments at anyone so I dont want anyone to take it personally or get things twisted,...lets make this clear...im just SPEAKING MY OPINION, but if cats are skipping the solo tracks on your album, dont know any of YOUR verses or editing you out of your own album...somethings wrong.
everyone has their own approach and ideas of what "success" is...some people want fame more than respect, or fortune over everything, or just to be noticed in some ways shape or form. They say that "any promo is good promo"...but in some ways I disagree

Being talked about is one thing, being spoken highly of is another...Just because your name is in the streets, it doesnt mean good things are being said along with it or you are respected.
WELL SAID!

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
lesbianyayo... your pointless disrespect shows your maturity level kid... I dont see anyone comin at you sideways.

sicc, you gotta break down what you speaking on real quick here,.... cause you see how they re-direct topics around this muthafucka if you dont get ya point across the first time lol...

theres a few 90's babies with A.D.D. on this muthafucka with attentions spans shorter than Hulk hogans rap career.

Apr 29, 2011
I remember when I released Drastic in 98' it was hard at first to move it cuz i didnt have any "known" artists on the record...so id get alot of "hater" responses...But once people start hearing the content..its regarded as a classic, maybe because i was one of the first artists to come out of Daly City....Now those same artists that people were looking for arent as big as they shoud have been or not active anymore or overused...I on the other hand didnt get as much exposure as them but been around just as long...now thanks to Sean T I will get that exposure and be heard by a larger audience

lenbiasyayo

Rest In Peace
Jun 24, 2008
lesbianyayo... your pointless disrespect shows your maturity level kid... I dont see anyone comin at you sideways.

sicc, you gotta break down what you speaking on real quick here,.... cause you see how they re-direct topics around this muthafucka if you dont get ya point across the first time lol...

theres a few 90's babies with A.D.D. on this muthafucka with attentions spans shorter than Hulk hogans rap career.
ur sensativity shows ur high estragen levels , WHY SO SERIOUS BREH