Fruitvale station review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2006
honestly i thought this was a great movie, a sad story, but very well told. it also reeked of bay area authenticity (the music,the slang,all around swag), unlike weak ass "la mission" or "coach carter". highly recommended, worth checking out.anyone else see it? and thoughts/criticisms?

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Damn nobody else commented on this? I saw it last night and agree with everything above. The music, slang, and everything about it seemed really authentic. It was cool to see them play the jacka and other bay music in there. Obviously really sad at the end. The story itself is sad, but the movie gives you a connection to Oscar grant you wouldn't have before unless you knew him. It was pretty short, but very well done.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
This was good but it fell short of being great to me. Should have made it his last month or year not just the last day. That made all his "good deeds" seem a lil corny & unbelievable to happen all in one day. There would have been more room for character development & chemistry to build that way. Like the rita flashback was crucial & it could have used more of it. In the end it serves it purpose, makes you care when he dies.

May 16, 2002
You guy's will enjoy this: I just got back last night from Albuquerque, NM. I was out there for two weeks.

Low and behold "Fruitvale Station" is playing in theaters out there & I also saw the trailer / TV Spot on Television a few times.

Good shyt & cool story, huh?

May 16, 2002
Gemini @Gemini Fuck Dave Hester! lol
LMAO! Thank you. You know what I actually find humorous? It's actually in here within the Siccness boards. I've noticed that since I placed Dave Hester in my avitar & sig. Some of my harsh replies in these threads seem to get under the skin of some members and I'm not a favorite to a whole lot lately LOL!

It's seriously amazing how a picture & words can overpower the weak minded. And can make people believe in an image, but truly know nothing about the real person behind it all LOL! I seriously love the sound & feel of that.

May 16, 2002
i WAS JUST FUCKING AROUND DUDE LMAO YOU TAKIN IT WAY TOO SERIIOUS LOL
No, you misread my post, Breh. I did take it as a joke & lol'd. That's why I let you know what was going on thinking you had noticed too.

I didn't try to tell you anything nor was my reply in a vengeful demeanor.

Last edited:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
No, you misread my post, Breh. I did take it as a joke & lol'd. That's why I let you know what was going on thinking you had noticed too.

I didn't try to tell you anything nor was my reply in a vengeful demeanor.
shut up, people have been tired of your bullshit since you had ron jeremy as your avi too

May 16, 2002
shut up, people have been tired of your bullshit since you had ron jeremy as your avi too
I know you hate me on here, Breh. Known that for years LOL!

LMAO! @ Tired of my bullshit. Please enlighten me.

I burst your bubble? I'm a negative? I hate the Bay Area? LOL! smh

Last edited:
May 16, 2002
Speak for yourself bro. (Jimini) as Yukmouth calls him, is the realist mofo on this board.

Some of these kids hatin' wish they banned me, Breh, but my post hold substance & reality to them. Plus a touch of dark humor at times. That's no grounds to ban anybody based on their opinion. It's just personal to some of these pussies though.

Notice none of these dudes hating attended the Siccness BBQ in 2001 / 2002.

Last edited: