From Lynch's Facebook

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 1, 2006
Brotha Lynch Hung BROTHA LYNCH HUNG
DINNER AND A MOVIE

“I don’t have to kill anyone. I just think it. It’s all up here. Believe me, if I started killing anyone, there’d be none of you left. - “The Interrogation”

Brotha Lynch Hung watches a lot of movies, mostly horror flicks. The King of Sacramento also writes screenplays: While penning ...his first script, he simultaneously wrote his Strange Music debut, Dinner and a Movie. Blurring the line between audio CD and audio book, listeners are sucked into the highly imaginative mind of Lynch as he plays out gruesome tales of murder, violence and deception. Powered by his twisted sense of humor, Dinner and a Movie is both therapeutic and fantastical, as Lynch unleashes his own demons while at the same time creating a character so unlike himself.

“Them niggaz think I’m weak cause I’m very nice. All I do is think about eating them every night.” —“Colostomy Bag”

Dinner and A Movie, the first of three concept albums Brotha Lynch Hung will release via Strange Music, follows the life of a serial killer that’s slaying rappers in the game. “Back in the day, we used to say eat rappers up or kill rappers off and eat ’em up,” Lynch explains. “That’s basically what I’m doing. On the album it sounds like I’m doing it to people, but it’s really rappers.”

Each track on Dinner and a Movie plays out like a scene in a motion picture;
a psychotic horror film to be precise. Blending his addiction to court TV and programs about serial killing with his respect for scary cinemateurs like Rob Zombie and Wes Craven, and films like Hostel and Saw, Lynch’s album is the perfect vehicle to explore his fascination with deranged killers. He’s also able to showcase his own ability to switch on and off his double personality: regular person by day, serial killer by night.

For Dinner and a Movie, Lynch rounded up a handful of like-minded emcees, including BZO and First Degree The DE, to help him carry out his sonic murder spree. On “Colostomy Bag,” Lynch, G Macc and C-Lim ride a pulsing, piano-driven beat that would make Dr. Dre proud. Produced by Justinn “Axis” Patton, who crafts five tracks on Dinner and a Movie, “Colostomy Bag” transforms mad man humor into a West Coast anthem. Axis also constructs musical mayhem on the pulsating “Murder Over Hard,” punctuated by alarming cymbals and sirens, on which Lynch continues to let his murderous rants loose: “Me and murder are tight like vice grips.”

“D.O.A.” and “Nutbagg” are made specifically to rock big crowds. Both produced by Michael “Seven” Summers, Lynch felt the pressure to come with heat knowing he would soon be touring with Strange Music founder Tech N9ne. Taking stage cues from LL Cool J and Run-DMC, Lynch has extensive theatrical plans for his Dinner and a Movie stage show.

Joining producers Axis and Seven – two of Lynch’s favorite producers of all time who he claims are knocking heads together at the top – is Lynch himself. Lynch has skills: He produced his Gold album, 1995’s Season of Da Siccness. “Another Killin” features Cali superheroes Snoop, Daz and Kurupt. After appearing on one of Snoop’s mixtapes, Snoop returns the favor, taking aim on Lynch’s spray-’em-up joint. “I made the beat,” Lynch starts, “and Daz and Kurupt heard the beat and wanted to get on. I went to bed and when I woke up, they were on it.”

“Don’t Worry Mama, It’s Just Bleeding” features Strange Music cohorts Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko. The synergy between label mates is evident, as the three spit in sync over a stuttering soundscape. “I love being with Strange,” Lynch assures. “They are the only company that fits me. I’m glad to be part of the family.”

A wordsmith who grew up revering Rakim, Lynch’s stories reveal the rapper’s darkest secrets. “Meat” is a dedication to his son when they were separated by his son’s mother. “I Tried to Commit Suicide” details the same situation, with the addition of his daughter being taken from him. “I went crazy because of all the bad stuff that was going on,” Lynch shares about the inspiration for the song’s title.

Making albums for Lynch is a distressing, yet cathartic process. “Every time I make an album, I have to go through pain in order to make the songs I want,” Lynch states. “When my mom died, she was trying to stay around for my daughter to be born. In the same hospital that my mother died in, four days later my daughter was born, in the same room. My daughter is my mom reincarnated. If I lose her, I try to commit suicide.”

Sprinkled throughout the album are hysterical psycho skits created by Lynch, and produced by Lynch and the amazing Robert Rebeck, who also mixed the entire album for Chapman Recording. The skits are disturbing, yet criminally comical, and string Lynch’s songs along with a raunchy fluidity.

According to Lynch, a lot of rappers in the last 10 years came out and ruined the rap game. Now people are scared to buy a whole album because they might only like one song. Lynch wants to dispel those fears by inviting you to Dinner And A Movie.
March 23rd!!!!!!!!! 2010

For more information, visit www.therealbrothalynchhung.com and www.myspace.com/therealbrothalynchhung.

Sep 1, 2006
Confirmed Songs:

Plotted My Next Murder
I Tried to Commit Suicide
The Foe
The Interrogation
Meat
Colostomy Bag
Murder Over Hard
D.O.A.
Nuttbag
Another Killin
Don't Worry Mama, It's Just Bleeding

Confirmed Features:

Tech N9ne
Krizz Kaliko
First Degree the D.E.
B-ZO(?)
Snoop Dogg
Kurupt
Daz
G-Macc
C-Lim

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
SWITZERLAND HUH?

I REMEMBER WHEN STRANGE WENT OVER SEA'S THE FIRST TIME 4 AN ALBUM AND CAME BACK WITH I'MA PLAYA..
I'm A Playa didn't come from overseas. It was produced by Rob Rebeck. Ronnz did shit like Who You Came To See and Absolute Power.