Freestyle I admire, but every week u givin away fire...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2003
I know there are just a couple freestyles from Tech like from the WakeUpShow but thats about it...
And I know how Tech thinks about doin freestyles...

Freestyle I admire, but every week u givin away fire...

He tries to save that fire for his album and no doubt his albums are the shit but wouldn't yall give away some freestyles for the fans if u was Tech and had such a loyal fanbase???
Look how Yukmouth and Crooked I do this... It helps them keep their names in the mouth of the people...

Dont yall think it would help Techs popularity if he decided to rhyme over some famous beats from time to time to show people how he could outshine and "outflow" 80% of the rappers out there ??

Just my thoughts tho...

holla

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
he has a few freestyles, as does Kutt.. a couple people on this board probably have recordings of them.. but Tech is smart by not puttin shit out every 2 weeks.. every since i first heard his shit ive anticipated new material between projects, and never been dissapointed. the anticipation to hear some new shit, then getting it, is way greater to me.. rather than hearing a new track all the time..

i dunno if i would get tired of hearing new Tech shit in between albums, but i get tired of hearing other kats who try and keep there names out in between projects..

i like hearin' shit with meaning, that took time to come up with, and someone put there heart into.. rather than some 2 dollar flows they came up with so people dont forget theyre still in the game.

-ghostt

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
i wasnt just refering to Yuk.. and i didnt mean literally every 2 weeks :rolleyes:

and about the "mixtape scene".. im bout sick of that shit personally, dont know if im alone there or not.. its koo when niggas mix shit and put out DJ mix cds once in a while.. but everyone trying to record mixtapes now like its somethin new.. i still havent heard one worth buying.. niggas need to save them flows and put out a bangin cd on original beats.

that aint really what this thread is about, but im sure 10 other fools are gonna post comments like that about Yuk or Crooked I or some other niggas that are steady droppin promotional singles and laggin on a real, bangin cd :x

no disrespect to Yukmouth or Crooked I, but i cant really name anything new from them that i bump on the regular... which i think says they need to stay low key, work on a dope album, then drop it on niggas that aint expectin it.

if im wrong let me know, by all means.

-ghostt

Feb 1, 2005
ghostt said:
i wasnt just refering to Yuk.. and i didnt mean literally every 2 weeks :rolleyes:

and about the "mixtape scene".. im bout sick of that shit personally, dont know if im alone there or not.. its koo when niggas mix shit and put out DJ mix cds once in a while.. but everyone trying to record mixtapes now like its somethin new.. i still havent heard one worth buying.. niggas need to save them flows and put out a bangin cd on original beats.

that aint really what this thread is about, but im sure 10 other fools are gonna post comments like that about Yuk or Crooked I or some other niggas that are steady droppin promotional singles and laggin on a real, bangin cd :x

no disrespect to Yukmouth or Crooked I, but i cant really name anything new from them that i bump on the regular... which i think says they need to stay low key, work on a dope album, then drop it on niggas that aint expectin it.

-ghostt
an opinion is never wrong so nah you aint wrong.

iyuk has been featured on a few mixtapes and thats all. its like the people that make those mixtapes ask get yuk on their mixtapes its not like he himself is puttin out mixtapes every month. he released 1 mixtape so far and that wasnt even his own shit it was the regime and that mixtape was hot. he hasnt released an official album since thuglordz with c-bo. godzilla was tight. uga 2 was coo but that was a compilation. thuglordz was tight. that where yuks latest projects he is working on his solo album "million dollar mouthpiece" right now but he is also busy with the regime and the rest of his artists so it will take ahwile (prolly ocrober 05) for his next solo to come out. and if you think yuk dont put out any good music out then thats your opinion and i disagree with you on that one but hey thats your opinion and i respect that.

Mar 13, 2005
MIXTAPES ARE GOOD FOR ANY ARTIST!! YUK HAS BEEN ON CALU UNTOUCHABLES DJS TAPES CUZ THEY TAPES AINT BEING COPPED BY THE SAME CROWD THAT MIGHT BUY A YUK CD. YUK HASNT BEEN PUTTIN OUT ANY MIXTAPES HE ONLY BEEN FEATURED ON SOME CALI UNTOUCHABLES AND THATS ONLY GOOD 4 HIM!! YUK IS KILLIN EM WITH HEAT!!!! YUK IS A FIRESPITTER ASK TECH N9NE

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
im still not saying Yuk sucks, im saying i havent heard anything recent that i can fuck wit

and yea, Yuk can spit... i havent heard anything recent i can get into tho, think some of the production is just faulty as fuck too.. but thats my opinion.. just aint into it.

anyone got any thoughts on the topic?

Oct 9, 2002
ghostt said:
but Tech is smart by not puttin shit out every 2 weeks.. every since i first heard his shit ive anticipated new material between projects, and never been dissapointed. the anticipation to hear some new shit, then getting it, is way greater to me.. rather than hearing a new track all the time..

I greatly disagree... Tech needs to put some shit out inbetween. His last album was like three years ago now. All the great buzz you build up off the album and the radio spins has long since faded.... and you have to start over again with the new album. It would be good to do somethin like Kutt's flames mixtape inbetween the albums to keep the name out there and fresh in everyones minds. Even though he is a garbage rapper look at what Mike Jones has done with still tippin and his cd. I cant watch mtv for 12 seconds without seein one of the commercials now for his shit.... and he has kept his buzz goin by droppin mixtapes often.

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Funny Story:

Me and my roommate were watching MTV yesterday. And a commercial for Mike Jones comes on...and he's talking and what not. And I mentioned that he's got his cell phone number printed up on all his t-shirts and that his cellphone bill is in the 6 digit range. And my roommate goes "who is mike jones?"

Shit made me laugh, because he truely didnt know.

ON TOPIC:

I dont see how a shitty little mixtape with no distribution would help Tech. You say it's exposure and cite them texas boys to show how successful mixtapes can make you, but I've still yet to see those mixtapes really translate into mainstream success for those guys. You cant nationally distribute a mixtape with other people's beats on it. The distributor wont touch it. Sure, they could do hand to hand sales. Maybe at shows and what not, but people are still buying Absolute Power at a steady rate. Yeah, it's almost 3 years old, but it's still producing good numbers.

You all knew 3 years ago that Everready was going to be a huge project in the making. The buzz has not dissapeared. His exposure is at one of his highest points. More people than ever know about him now. The need for a mixtape is not there. It maybe something a group of fans would like, but if I were to pose the question......

Would you like Tech and Strange Music to take time out to put down a mixtape?

or

Continue with the work on Everready?

Strange Music takes pride in quality music that sounds like it took more than 3 weeks to put together. This is Tech's "masterpiece" if you will. All attention should be directed towards that.

Sep 10, 2004
www.cdbaby.com
techn9nehq said:
Strange Music takes pride in quality music that sounds like it took more than 3 weeks to put together. This is Tech's "masterpiece" if you will. All attention should be directed towards that.

And thats why they have such a loyal fanbase. I don't even need to hear the album before I buy it, I already know its gonna be fire.

Oct 9, 2002
techn9nehq said:
Funny Story:

Me and my roommate were watching MTV yesterday. And a commercial for Mike Jones comes on...and he's talking and what not. And I mentioned that he's got his cell phone number printed up on all his t-shirts and that his cellphone bill is in the 6 digit range. And my roommate goes "who is mike jones?"

Shit made me laugh, because he truely didnt know.

ON TOPIC:

I dont see how a shitty little mixtape with no distribution would help Tech. You say it's exposure and cite them texas boys to show how successful mixtapes can make you, but I've still yet to see those mixtapes really translate into mainstream success for those guys. You cant nationally distribute a mixtape with other people's beats on it. The distributor wont touch it. Sure, they could do hand to hand sales. Maybe at shows and what not, but people are still buying Absolute Power at a steady rate. Yeah, it's almost 3 years old, but it's still producing good numbers.

You all knew 3 years ago that Everready was going to be a huge project in the making. The buzz has not dissapeared. His exposure is at one of his highest points. More people than ever know about him now. The need for a mixtape is not there. It maybe something a group of fans would like, but if I were to pose the question......

Would you like Tech and Strange Music to take time out to put down a mixtape?

or

Continue with the work on Everready?

That truly is funny about mike jones.

As far as mixtapes turning into mainstream success?? Lil flip is many times platinum. Chamillionaire is signed to Universal with a label imprint deal off the strength of his mixtapes. Mike jones and swisha house signed to a major through their mixtapes. There are plenty of people that have had mainstream success.... as i would call it success signing the big $ deals with the major labels. Flip is the prime example of someone that has had the record sales too and i am willing to bet as garbage as it is mike jones will be platinum as well as slim thug and cham when they all drop.

The thing with the texas boys is that they dont need national distribution for these mixtapes... they have built their name off em and have people lookin for them and there are several websites where you can get them. Cham sold 40,000 copies of mixtape messiah in one month... thats doin pretty good. And they are put out regularly... and hosted usually by some sort of DJ that will get the songs spins somewhere.

I just think that with the fan base that tech has a track or two on a mixtape here or there would sell well with his core fans and maybe open the door for others that might hear it that dont know tech n9ne. I bought some chamillionaire mixtapes to hear him but ended up hearin a ton of other artists that i now like that i may never have heard of otherwise.

As far as takin time out for a mixtape... they dont take that long... if they did these other artists wouldnt be putting them out as often as they do. Id rather him quit touring and just finish up the album. As much as I love tech i cant tell you when the last time i actually threw a cd of his in the player since there is nothing new about them, sure they get a lil play from time to time but I just happen to like new music... and after awhile i get bored and move on to a new cd unless the cd is a classic then it might come back into the rotation at some point.

C-MOB said:
And thats why they have such a loyal fanbase. I don't even need to hear the album before I buy it, I already know its gonna be fire.
Which is exactly why if he threw out a couple of mixtape tracks it would keep the fans happy and make him some spare change on the side while keepin his name out there.

Apr 8, 2005
www.imizbiz.com
ghostt said:

-ghostt
True!