Frank Mir's comments about Brock Lesnar

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-mir022310&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

No need to hammer Mir for crossing idiot line

He said they shared “legitimate hate” and “anger,” and then in a couple lines that went particularly crazy, declared he hoped he could essentially kill Lesnar if the two ever fight for a third time.

“I want to break his neck in the ring,” Mir said on the Mark Madden Show on WXDX. “I want him to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries.”

Dec 9, 2005
I don't think anyone took his statement literally, but I like a little trash talking. Its a fucking fight, it isn't like these guys are racing against the clock or anything. They're going to be in there trying to put the other guy to sleep.

Jan 5, 2006
Publicity.

Because honestly at the end of the day everyone wants to go home to their families, so i'd never wish death upon anyone in any sport, much more in a combat sport where that possibility is greater.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I think Murr's half embarrassed from the beating he took their last fight and half trying to sell himself back for another quick title shot. Look who he's fighting next, Carwin, who's only in the fight because he talked a bunch of shit about wanting to hurt Brock for being a dick and when Brock got hurt couldn't be thrown back down the ladder so now he's in the interim title fight.
Cain and Cigano don't say shit and keep having to beat better guys than anyone Murr and Shane have beat lately. (Assuming JDS beats the shit out of Gonzaga next month)

May 17, 2004
I think Murr's half embarrassed from the beating he took their last fight and half trying to sell himself back for another quick title shot. Look who he's fighting next, Carwin, who's only in the fight because he talked a bunch of shit about wanting to hurt Brock for being a dick and when Brock got hurt couldn't be thrown back down the ladder so now he's in the interim title fight.
Cain and Cigano don't say shit and keep having to beat better guys than anyone Murr and Shane have beat lately. (Assuming JDS beats the shit out of Gonzaga next month)
cains only beaten nog, kongo, and some nobodies. mir beat nog, kongo.
so i wouldnt say cain has been fighting better guys.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Rothwell's not a nobody. And I meant more that all Murr had to do was beat Kongo to get another title shot, while Cain and Cigano are killing everybody and probably still have to fight each other to get one.

May 17, 2004
the difference between them is that cain and dos santos are both young fighters. theres no rush to get them immediate title shots because they are both getting better each fight.
carwin is like 32 or 33. who knows how many years he actually has to fight.