first jay-z, now toni braxton. pac mus be tha shit!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
Deja Feud: Jay-Z, Toni Braxton Tracks Sample Same Tupac Song
10.08.2002 6:31 PM EDT

Get ready to do a double take when you turn on your radio. Four heavyweight music stars will be duking it out with similar variations of the same Tupac Shakur song.

Jay-Z and Destiny's Child's Beyoncé Knowles recorded a new version of the 1996 Tupac track "Me and My Girlfriend" for Jay's upcoming Blueprint 2 - The Gift and the Curse (see "Jay-Z, Beyonce Are 'Bonnie & Clyde' On First Blueprint 2 Single"), but they weren't the only ones in a Makaveli mood. Expectant pop singer Toni Braxton also interpreted the West Coast rap track with the help of Murder Inc. producers Irv Gotti and Chink Santana.

Braxton's "Me and My Girlfriend," which will appear on her More Than a Woman, due in November, contains the same chorus as Jay-Z's "Bonnie & Clyde," along with a sample of Tupac's original vocals.

An Arista spokesperson said Braxton invited a friend from Def Jam, Jigga's label, to listen to the song a few months back. "Imagine our surprise after turning on the radio and hearing the new Jay Z single 'Bonnie &Clyde,' featuring Beyoncé," the spokesperson said. "It's the same song. They even use the same Tupac sample. Frankly, she is insulted and disappointed."

Calling in to a New York radio station, Braxton said, "Jay-Z and Beyoncé are messing with my money. They're trying to steal my mojo."

Murder Inc. had no comment, and Jay-Z could not be reached.

—Minya Oh

fold.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Calling in to a New York radio station, Braxton said, "Jay-Z and Beyoncé are messing with my money. They're trying to steal my mojo."

THATS PRETTY SAD WHEN YOU ARE STEALING TUPACS MONEY AND TRYING TO MAKE IT YOURS AND THEN GET MAD WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO DO THE SAME.

I WOULDNT MIND JAY-Z DOING THAT SONG AND HAVING IT ON HIS CD LIKE HOW JA RULE DID, BUT TO HAVE IT AS HIS SINGLE, NOW THATS UNCALLED FOR.

Jun 4, 2002
biz said it best mayn all these fuckin money slurpin bitches got the vapors.

not to mention that jayz/beyonce version of bonnie & clyde is the most repulsive piece of steaming elephant shit ever to disguise itself as pop music. my fuckin earwax melted & oozed right the fuck out my ears when i was subjected to that musical abortion.

got damn that nigga jay z rhymes is lazier than your unemployed uncle, and that bitch sounds like shit on the song, the shit sounds sloppy like it was slapped together in 5 minutes, with 4 minutes spent sniffin coke & smokin weed.

i can not believe they thought it was a good idea to make that mindless fart of a song, much less release it on that nigga shit as the 1st single.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Now are cats gonna start cryin about how Toni Braxton is biting 2Pac? lol...can't wait to hear THESE excuses...cause Pac and MANY other rappers have "bitten" R&B songs many times...Justify it!