firefox search redirecting me

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2005
Guys i need some help. i am using firefox, its their latest version. When i use the google search box in the top right of the browser, say for instance i enter "facebook" as my search entry, it shows the sites for facebook entry. When i click the link, it takes me to some random sites, like OctaneTV.com or some other news site. Why is this doing it? i cleared my cookies and reloaded firefox, but it still does it. any help? thanks

Feb 13, 2008
your computer is infected with malware. when you search shit in google you can copy and paste the url that appears under the links to go to that page.

i had the same problem but mine was more serious. i would have firefox open and not be doing anything and all of a sudden i would be taken to some random ass pages lol. i had to do a reformat on my computer.

but you can try to find a malware scanner/remover and see if that worked. ive heard it worked for some but for me nope.

Jan 2, 2006
I've had this problem before. It's that gogoogle shit. And that malware will not even let you install any malware removers or update any of your shit. What you have to do is..

Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices.

Scroll down to “Non-plug and Play Drivers” and click the plus icon to open those drivers.

Then search for “TDSSserv.sys”

Right click on it, and select “Disable”

Note: If you select Uninstall, it will install itself again when you reboot the system, so DON’T select Uninstall.

Restart your pc.

You can now update your Antirus/Malware/Rootkit softwares and the go.google rubbish will stop.

Its now up to the Anti-Virus/Malware/Spyware companies to make an effort to stop this, and not rely on simple basic home PC user’s like myself to save the world

In simple terms, TDSSserv.sys is a service/server redirecting all software updates to 127.0.0.1 (your own computer) so they won’t update.

It took me a few scans to finally get rid of it...but I used both of these programs...

Dr. Web Cure It
http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/
And
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol