Fiendin 4 the Funk or A-1 Yola?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 7, 2002
Which album do you think is better? I myself have to go for Fiendin 4 the Funk.

this album has such a darker sound to me. Hennessey on this album just sounds so eerie. You've got some classic UDI feautres on here, and some Cold world too. I dunno, i like A-1 Yola, but i prefer that darker sounding first release by the 11 feva click.

Apr 25, 2002
Man, in my opinion that Fiendin' 4 Tha Funk album was a classic. That's that classic frisco sound from the mid 90's. I feel that's their best album by far. Who can forget "Garcia Vegas." I always wanted to get lit to that song.

Feb 19, 2003
FIENDIN 4 THA FUNK is my choice. The rapping on it and A-1 YOLA are about equal, but the production on FIENDIN was unbelievably unique in the way that T.C. layered those weird synth lines one on top of the other.

And yeah, TmBlackFlag--like you said, the dark sound was one of FIENDIN's assets, especially on "11/5 On The Outside", "That's The Way That I Was Raised" (never heard Maine-O sound so pissed off before or since), "Straight Murderism" (creepy RBX sample), "Flat On Ya Ass" (that "aaaahh" noise on the hook could scare the faint of heart) and the "UndaTheColdWorldInfluence of 11/5" posse track with U.D.I. and the underrated Cold World Hustlers!!! I've gone through runs where I've listened to that one track two or three times in a row and never got sick of it!!!

Looking forward to Taydatay's new one, but it'd sure be cool to see 11/5 do another one...

PEACE!

Nov 28, 2002
SavageC said:
a-1 yola.....the production was soooo clean and all 3 came the best they ever have and ever will on that album

T.C. is the best producer in the bay in my opinion.

A1 Yola is my favorite cd of all time....

Feb 12, 2003
Fiendin 4 the funk, true classic from the S.C.O, got too much great productions on it, TC was ahead of the game and of his time at that period, perfect chemistry between each member, they come with the perfect match. A1 yola is a classic too, less dark productions, you can feel that they increase their rhyme skills. They put frisco on the map.