Exposure

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2005
Exclusive: Tech N9ne Breaks Down His New Album “Everready: The Religion”
Monday - Oct 16, 2006
— Scott Bejda

You would think the rap game is based on skill but if that is the case then how come Tech N9ne is so underrated? How can a rapper who can rap to the beat of a machine gun, rap in quadruple time, and be so creative get overlooked? The true underground fans know how good Tech is, just ask the people who follow his music from KCMO, to the rest of the country and places like Australia and all over the world. If the rap game was really based on talent this man would have sold millions upon millions and be higher up on the hiphop ladder

Siccness: I’m just going to ask one question today homie. Break down “Everready:The Religion?” After you tell us about the album feel free to close it out with what ever else you want to say homie!

Tech N9ne: It starts off with this skit called “Blest” and the reason we spell it B.L.E.S.T. is because there was five of us in a car wreck last year March 23rd ’05. We were coming out of Billings Montana on the way to Spokane Washington on tour with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. There was a blizzard at 8:00 in the morning and the skit tells you how we slid and flipped five times in a fifteen passenger van and everything was totaled but we only had a couple of scratches. The album starts off with that and behind that we have been in God’s graces and ever since then we have been partying hard. The first eleven songs is straight partying from “Riot Maker” to “No Can Do” to “Welcome To The Mid-West” to “Bout To Bubble” to “Jelly Sickle” to Caribou Lou” and the first eleven songs is just bangin’. Everybody has a booty song but I got a titty song called “Flash.” Then I got the song “Night And Day” which was the song I did for the movie “Alpha Dog.” After that you will here a voice say “You are beginning your decent” meaning the album is about to slow down and get dark. The song “Come Gangsta” is dedicated to the people who say “Come Gangsta” then you here this voice say “You have entered The Melancholy Maze” and then you here me, Brotha Lynch, and my boy Delima on the song called “My World” and it is wonderful and it is one of the gems on my album. Then you here “Running Out Of Time” where I am really trying to make this music pop all the way and do something nice for my Mom because she is sick. She has just been diagnosed with Lupus and I just want to hurry up and do something really big for her. Sometimes I wish God would just come down and take his angel because me and my mom don’t belong down here because we love too hard for these people. I got liberate me on my arms for that reason but my kids will keep me here. If it wasn’t for my kids I would be gone brother! “:Running Out Of Time” is about that and the race against time before my mom goes and God takes his angel. I really want to show her that I made it. Right after that there is a song called “The Rain” and I call the road the rain because it is gloomy with out my children. It is about me being on the road touring so much that I miss all my kids birthdays and I just have to send money and gifts. I am on the road hustling for my family! I moved them out to LA two years ago and we live out in Sherman Oaks California where all the big houses are so I have to stay on the road to pay that bill. They are happy out there and don’t want to move back but I’m about to move back out to Kansas City because me and my Wife are separated. Right when we moved out there I had to go on a 56 city tour and I lost her because she felt like I left her hanging out there by herself but I was on the road doing my thing. That is the casualty of the game and I am married to my fans now and “The Rain” is talking about all of that. On that song it has my little girl who spit this when she was eleven and she spit a 16 bar on me on the second verse of “The Rain.” That song is a tear jerker dog! After you leave the Melancholy Maze you hear a voice say “Welcome Back, Party Hard.” Then there is a song called “Fuck’em Girl” with me, Big Kriz Calico, and Kutt Kalhoun just killing. Right after that we got “The Beast” that was on Madden ’06 but this one is the album version. The last song “The King, The Clown, & The G” will explain the whole album concept. The King, The Clown, and The G are all of my characteristics. The King attitude came from me being high headed and they called me a narcissist, but that aint me. They can call me a narcissist because of self love and yeah I love myself, I love God and it is all beautiful. The Clown is the party animal in me and nothing is wrong in the eyes of this nigga like partying with many bitches, ecstasy, liquor and doing all kinds of crazy shit. The G recognizes family values and is somebody that went thru a lot of shit in the past and knows family values. Then the android voice says “Goodbye.” I just walked you thru the whole album homie. Then there is a bonus disc called “Strange Music Library” and it has music from all of us. We are all on there killing it! It is just extra music man. Now I just want to tell people two words “Celebrate Life.”

Aug 31, 2005
nice...the 2nd disc is indeed a strange compilation...

wasnt 100% sure on that

concept of album sounds good and the original cover matched that concept perfectly