Explosive Mode

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 24, 2007
www.myspace.com
Was anyone a fan of the Explosive Modes? I was lovin the first one back in the day with Pop Yo Colla and Golden State number 2 was sick as hell, fa sho was my favorite album for hella long. Mess and Quinn are such a good team but I was a lil let down by Explosive Mode 3, puttin Jacka and Husalah on it. I mean Jacka and Husalah are both hella sick but Explosive Mode was a Mess/Quinn thing.

Apr 14, 2006
^^Same here! I really loved that 1st Explosive Mode for sure....bay area classic. I also really liked the 2nd Explosive Mode too as well...it was straight up fire! I agree with you on Explosive Mode 3...to me it was a boring cd. Watered down beats...slow shit...not very many aggressive tracks like on the other 2.

Jun 25, 2005
SF TyTy said:
Was anyone a fan of the Explosive Modes? I was lovin the first one back in the day with Pop Yo Colla and Golden State number 2 was sick as hell, fa sho was my favorite album for hella long. Mess and Quinn are such a good team but I was a lil let down by Explosive Mode 3, puttin Jacka and Husalah on it. I mean Jacka and Husalah are both hella sick but Explosive Mode was a Mess/Quinn thing.
I agree...except I didnt like dat Fillmoe Golden State wit 4tay on it....the one wit Double D doin tha hook wuz way better tho....

Jun 26, 2002
Explosive Mode 1 is f'n great. For some reason my fav track on there has always been "Want Me To Stay".. that shits smooth..

2 was good, but didn't quite compare in my view

and for some reason i have yet to check out 3.. which is odd since i liked 1 and 2 and that jack and hus are my 2 fav mob figaz. so u didn't feel it though?? what do other people have to say about it? i need to pick that up asap

Feb 16, 2006
www.thebayisback.com
I bought the third one a couple of weeks ago...I like it. Messy Marv and the Jacka are probably my two favorite rappers, so of course I like it.

I'm not feelin the first one as much as most of you. I only heard the second one a few times...but this one song slaps extra hard...i think its called "go there with me"...or maybe thats not the title but they say it in the hook.

Mar 28, 2006
Chicago54 said:
^^Same here! I really loved that 1st Explosive Mode for sure....bay area classic. I also really liked the 2nd Explosive Mode too as well...it was straight up fire! I agree with you on Explosive Mode 3...to me it was a boring cd. Watered down beats...slow shit...not very many aggressive tracks like on the other 2.
#2 had alot of slower beats too..i liked um all but 1 and 2 were the best

Apr 24, 2007
www.myspace.com
leftcoast415 said:
...but this one song slaps extra hard...i think its called "go there with me"...or maybe thats not the title but they say it in the hook.
OH HELL YEAH! That is the title; "Go There With Me" is the shit, haha that shit was like my theme song, but I liked almost every other song on #2, it grows on you i guess. But I aint really feelin #3 all that much cuz I mainly stick to my SFC artists and I don't think Jacka or Husalah's style match *at all* with those of Quinn and Mess, but they are both sick otherwise.

Jan 22, 2007
#3 is alright... i think a lot of people don't like it because they buy it thinking its gonna have the same feel as when its only quinn and mess, but it doesnt, so people get dissappointed, maybe not tho, but that's what happened to me i think... but the more i listen to it the more i like it.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i dont know a bay area rap fan who didnt like EM1

I liked EM 2 but i know alot of people who talked shit about either saying it was too short or it sucked

EM 3 is the shit, one of my favorites. every song on it is tight to me

Sep 20, 2006
MAN WE GONE DO EXPLOSIVE MODE 4..HABANERO HOT BOYZ PNCE DA INK IS DONE

1 YEAR FRUM NOW WE GONE BE THE HOTTEST SHIT OUTTA GTOWN FA SHIGGA

WATCH YAWL

HYPHAPENANERO HEAT LUMPZ
SUPACALIPENOHYPHALISTICALLY SPEEKING WE AT DAT WIT FYA

Feb 5, 2005

THE 1ST ONE WILL ALWAYz B MY FAVORITE ONE..

THE 2ND WAZ HELLA COO TOO...

BOUGHT THE 3RD ONE CUZ I HAD THE 1ST TWO & IT GREW ON ME...

- GEEzUz