Ever wondered Why is It Golden State Instead Of Oakland??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2006
Random shit but has anyone ever Wondered why the golden state warriors arent called the oakland warriors? i meant the lakers arent called the "Golden state lakers or the kings arent called the Golden state kings or the clippers arent called the golden state clippers..so why dont they just name the warriors the oakland warriors?

Feb 20, 2007
i think maybe they wanted to avoid the oakland thing cuz oakland aint got the best rep. or maybe they wanted a bigger state wide fan base. like the minnesota timberwolves or the new jersey nets or something.

Feb 1, 2006
It's all marketing -- like the California Angels, or like the dude said Minnesota t-wolves, and NJ nets. It's pretty wacky that they aren't called the California Warriors tho'. Maybe because 'Golden State' is more Nor Cal to appeal to folks up there....

Nov 22, 2005
I dont know the reason, but the golden state warriors sounds gay ass fuck, They need to rep Oakland, there not the only basketball team in the state, At least the Bay Area warriors or something, But until they change there name, Im keep rooting for them Sac Town kingz

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Sketchy B said:
It's all marketing -- like the California Angels, or like the dude said Minnesota t-wolves, and NJ nets. It's pretty wacky that they aren't called the California Warriors tho'. Maybe because 'Golden State' is more Nor Cal to appeal to folks up there....

How is golden state more nor cal ????????